8. The Party (Edited)

Edited 

It was the day of the party and to say that I was nervous would've been an understatement. I had been thinking about it all week. What were they like? I mean, I'd never actually been to one, so I had nothing to compare it to. No expectations.

Dad was at work, but I'd made sure to tell him where I was going, and that I was going with Autumn. He told me to be careful and stick with Autumn. Not to wonder off anywhere by myself. I know Dad was just looking out for me, but there was no way I would voluntarily go anywhere by myself, especially at a party.

Autumn was rummaging through the mounds of clothes in my closet, searching for what she called "the perfect outfit." Honestly, I wasn't really sure if the perfect outfit existed in my closet. It had been quite some time since I'd been shopping.

I laid back on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. The screeching sound of Autumn scooting hangers across the rack in my closet was getting faster and faster. I take it she was probably frustrated with the lack of options in my non-existent closet.

"Thanks, Autumn," I said, breaking the silence between us as she stopped, "for doing all this—helping me with Evan and everything."

I sat up on my elbows as she turned backwards and smiled at me. "Emery, if anyone deserves that boy it's you. Not Gabby. Don't get me wrong, I love that girl to death. She's the sweetest, but she can be a bit spoiled at times and I just don't think she deserves him as much as you do. I mean you've waited what... seven years?! That has to count for something."

At least she went after what she wanted without hesitation.

I wish I had that kind of courage.

"Isn't it his decision in the end though?" I asked, tilting my head to the side as Autumn grabbed a shirt, stared at it for a few seconds, before tossing it back into the closet. "Who he chooses?"

"Of course it is—but that doesn't mean you can't make him realize what his options are." she wiggled her eyebrows.

I just laughed. She did have a point.

	Oh dear

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Autumn and I were sitting in her car, on our way to Evan's house and I was hyperventilating, ready to throw up all over my outfit. I mean I was literally going to Evan freaking Andrews' house, to a party that he personally invited me to. Who the heck wouldn't be freaking out?!

"Calm down, Emery, everything's going to be fine!" Autumn reassured me as we got closer to Evan's house.

Honestly, I truly appreciated her trying to calm me down and prepare me for what was about to come, but there was no stopping the wave of nausea that I was currently having. Let's just say there weren't very many times in my life where I willingly went to an event that Evan was attending just to talk to him.