31. The Prom Fashion Show (Edited)

Edited 

Oh, dear.

I could feel my breath constricting in and out as I peeked through the curtains to see the auditorium filling up faster than I could've imagined. The entire front row was completely filled, going all the way back towards the center rows. I gulped as I watched more and more people shuffle in, and with each new person that entered, came with it the familiar faces of people from school.

The show wasn't set to start for another hour, so it was mind—blowing to see this many people already here, waiting for it to begin. I had never realized how big of a deal the Prom Fashion Show was until I was actually in it.

Aiden and I had arrived here together about two hours ago, upon which all the girls and boys were separated from each other; the girls took left stage, meanwhile the boys took right stage to prevent any accidental sightings from happening. Honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised if some of the boys tried to sneak over and get peeks of the girls, but there were teacher chaperones guarding the entrances to each stage room, so I doubt they would risk it.

As soon as I'd arrived the beauticians had whisked me away and immediately began their work on my makeup, but I was so nervous about them making me look like a clown that I pestered them the whole time. There was no way I was going to let them cake my entire face with makeup, so after fifteen minutes of bickering with the two girls that were working on me, Autumn came and stood in, making sure they didn't make me look ridiculous.

So, right now, I don't have a clue what I look like, but you know it's fine, everything's completely fine. I'm not freaking out at all. I'm just counting on the fact that Autumn told them to keep my makeup natural and minimal. After all, I don't want my first time wearing makeup resulting in a complete disaster.

"I can't believe you're making me do this!" I hissed at Autumn as she appeared next to me, dressed in nothing but a pink, silk-looking robe. Her hair was styled in a beautiful curled chignon updo that she had done herself. She had also done her own makeup, so she's been waiting for two hours just to get into her dress, which the directors have locked in a closet somewhere.

I peeked out again to see more and more people filing in. So many people were coming in that at this rate it felt like the auditorium was going to be at max capacity before the show even began. It wasn't until I laid eyes on a familiar petite-framed woman, and the tall man that accompanied her that I really started to panic

"Oh my god!" I cried, frantically pulling the curtains in front of my face to hide myself. "Chad and Amanda are here!"

I sucked in a deep breath and began to fan myself.

Is it hot in here or is it just me?

"Emery, you're going to be fine, don't worry about it! I promise you, Aiden is going to drop dead when he sees you. He's not even going to know what hit him!" she smiled at me as I turned to her with a horrified expression on my face. Oh god. Aiden. I forgot all about Aiden! I had been so worried about other people seeing me! What was he going to think about all this? What was he going to do?! He'd seen me dressed up all cute, but never this fancy before!

I felt my insides start to churn, and my heart beat a little faster. What was Aiden going to think of me? My legs started to wobble like jello as I realized just how many important people were out there waiting to see me all glammed up. Everyone that was important to me was going to be here, watching, even my dad. What if I trip and fall and make a fool out of myself in front of the entire school, let alone Chad and Amanda?!

Oh, dear lord.

"Autumn, Aiden's mom is out there!" I cried. "The entire school's out there!"