18 - Barbecue + Kisses

* Length: 867 words
Yuri and Otabek have a barbecue with many other skaters. Mainly fluff but one small smoochy scene.

~

Yuri wipes a bead of sweat off his forehead. He's been setting up tables with Otabek in their backyard for a while. The two want this barbecue to be the best one in town. After all, the worlds best skaters will be there.

"Are we done yet?!" Yuri asks, exhausted. Otabek shakes his head. "We just need to bring out the grill!" He replies. Yuri huffs but goes to help his boyfriend.

The two pick up the grill from beside the house and carry it onto the patio. "Now are we done?" The blond boy asks, panting.

Otabek smiles and ruffles Yuri's hair. "Now we're done! The guests should be arriving soon." He says.

Yuri yawns and nods, stretching his arms. He closes his eyes. This barbecue better be worth it. He thinks to himself.

When he opens his eyes, Yuri finds himself in the arms of Otabek. Otabek hugs the small boy tightly. "W-What are you doing?" Yuri asks, slightly dazed. A smile plays at his lips.

Otabek smirks and sets a finger under Yuri's chin. "No one's here yet," He exclaims, looking around. The blond looks into his lover's eyes. "I suppose not."

Otabek crashes his lips into Yuri's. He pushes him against the wall, in a gentle but dominant way.

Yuri moans when Otabek slips his tongue into his mouth. This sound is music to Otabek's ears. Yuri slips his hands under the tall boy's shirt, his hands roaming the muscles that line his chest.

Yuri purrs when Otabek trails kisses down his jaw, sucking right on his collarbone. He makes sure to leave a mark. Yuri blushes. "H-How am I going to cover that up, dumbass?" He asks, breaking the kiss.

Otabek smirks in reply and whispers, "You won't." This sends a chill down Yuri's spine. Otabek is about to kiss Yuri again, but a noise echoes from the side of the house.

"We're here!" A loud voice shouts, laced with a thick Russian accent. Yuri fumbles off of Otabek, putting the raven's shirt in a normal position. Otabek winks at the blond.

Victor and Yuuri come in to view, both look very exited. Luckily, neither of them saw Otabek and Yuri's moment.

"H-Hi!" Yuri says happily, still slightly shaken from his previous experience. Victor smiles and hugs the small boy tightly.

"I brought katsudon!" He announces, showing everyone the plated meal. Yuri wrinkles his nose. "Why Katsudun?!" He exclaims. Victor laughs and winks in response. "It's my favorite."

Otabek comes into view. Victor and Yuuri greet him happily. Yuuri and Otabek spark up a conversation while Yuri and Victor turn on the grill.

Phichit and Mila soon arrive, along with Georgi, JJ, Chris, Minami, and Seung-gil.

"Welcome everyone!" Otabek greets happily. Everyone at the barbecue smiles and waves to the tall raven. "Thanks for hosting!" Mila shouts from the lawn. "Anytime!"

"Food is cooking, appetizers are on the table." Otabek adds, stepping down from the patio into the lawn.

People talk among one another and socialize. Everyone has a blast. Yuri walks over to Yuuri. "Hi Katsuki!" He greets.

The Japanese boy seems rather surprised at Yuri's greeting and smiles. "Hello Yuri!" He replies. Yuri stands in shock. Yuuri notices the Russian boys surprise. "Something up?" He asks. "YOU DIDN'T CALL ME YURIO!" Yuri yells happily, clapping his hands.

Yuuri scratches the back of his neck. "O-Oh yeah! Since the skating season's over, there's no point in saying Yurio." He says. Yuri smiles and internally cheers.

"Hotdogs are ready!" Phichit announces from the grill. He cooks in a pink apron lined with little flowers. Yuri chuckles at his outfit while he approaches the meat.

Phichit picks up a hotdog and sets it on a bun, putting it on Yuri's plate. "Thanks!" Yuri says. Phichit smiles and nods, helping the next person in line.

The blond boy sits in the lawn, watching everyone gather their food. Otabek strolls over to Yuri and sits beside him, swinging an arm over his shoulder.

Yuri smiles and leans into Otabek. "Is the food good?" He asks. Otabek nods while taking a bite. "It's great!"

The two eat slowly, savoring the moment. Yuri loves to see everyone he knows happy. He watches as Victor and Yuuri feed each other, both laughing.

Yuri looks up to his own boyfriend with his eyes twinkling. Otabek notices the small boy staring and averts his gaze to him. "Hm?" He asks. Yuri shakes his head, smiling. "I love you." He says. "I love you too, sunshine." Otabek replies, pecking Yuri on the cheek.

Yuri blushes, his cheeks a faint tint of pink. "We should host barbecues more often." He suggests. Otabek nods. "Definitely."

Yuri takes a bite of his hotdog, munching on it. "Know what else we should have more often?" Otabek asks, a smirk playing at his lips. "What?" Yuri replies. "Se-" "Oh shut up."

~

I was so tired this morning I started pouring cereal on a plate and then tried to drink it

-araeno