Remembering the funny times

"Hey Zak?" I said as we were sitting on the couch. "Yeah honey?" He replied. "Remember the time you guys stayed at a hotel, and around 1 AM Nick became the cookieman?" I asked, slightly chuckling. "Yeah, I do. Aaron got it on video too." He said, remembering the said video. "Every hotel must have a cookieman." I replied, pretending to be Nick. "Kinda sad he had to leave the crew, though." I add, thinking of him for a minute. "Well, people come and go. Times change and so do we." Zak said. I just nodded in agreement. That's when I decided to lean back and think about plans for the evening. After a few minutes of doing so, I must've been in such deep thoughts, that Zak poked me a bit. "Whatcha mumbling dear?" He asked, looking at me funny. I smiled and pretended to be an evil villain. "Just plotting plans for later, hun." He knew something was up, but decided to leave it be. "Is it a surprise of some kind?" He asked, almost singing the question. "Oh, you'll see, for now just relax and wait." I told him and chuckled once more. He did the same. "But for the meantime, let's go somewhere, I was thinking the beach would be nice." I thought of his suggestion for a moment, before hopping off the couch and stretching. " It does sound quite nice, and luckily the weather seems warm, too." Then a question rose to my mind. "What beach are we going to anyway? Wouldn't people recognize you?" I wondered. "Not that it'd be a bad thing, but just wondering how you'd feel about it." He stood up, walked to me and placed his hands on my waist, making me blush slightly. "I know a beach where nobody can disturb us, if that's what you mean." He told me, lowering his voice at the end of the sentence. It caused chills to run down my spine and my blush intensified. "Yeah, I guess that's what I meant." I replied to him,  heart pounding and hands getting warm. "You seem nervous darling, everything alright?" He asked, pulling me closer to him gently. That moment felt like the wind outside had stopped, anything moving froze. I looked into his eyes and stuttered while answering his question. "Y- yeah I'm okay, no w- worries." Time was still in stop-motion. I quickly pulled myself against his strong chest and listened to his heartbeat. Slow. was all I could think of. I pulled away and looked at him again. "Are you sure you're okay? Looks like you saw a spirit or something." I kept staring at his features, now a bit worried. "Look around, do you see anything moving at all?" I questioned him. "Everything seems slower, nothing else really." Potentially stuck in time maybe, looks like I'm not the only one affected. "Zak, what's going on here?" I asked as I pulled myself closer to him again, this time, closing my eyes. "Don't know, but it seems to have stopped now." I open my eyes again and look around; the wind's blowing at a regular pace, everything seems normal again.