Chapter 22 - Part 3

Everyone is asleep. I check my phone for the millionth time, noticing it was still saying 2:00 am. I roll my eyes and check my Twitter. I notice one post say "go kill yourself whore" and "no one likes you". I see one after another and after another. I start crying and run into the bathroom so I don't wake up anyone. I lock the door so no one intrudes. I sit on the floor re-reading the tweets in my head. I start having a panic attack.

I try to calm myself down. I cant control myself, and I cut myself with a blade. I cry as I watch the blood drip onto the carpet. I hear the door unlock and I see the handle twisting about. I just sit there. Then I realize that I had left my phone out on the counter. I cry harder. The door opens and it's Sam. I just sit there on my knees holding my bleeding wrist while letting the tears flow. He rushes to me holding my wrist. He wraps me in a hug.

Sam's POV:

I see Bethany there. I can't believe she cut her wrist. I know she's done it in the past, but I didn't think it would happen again. I run to her and hold her wrist as I wrap her in a hug. I grab towels and band aids and clean her wrist. She looks at me with pain in her eyes. I don't know what to do or say.

Bethany's POV:

 Sam cleans my cuts and bandages them up. "Why did you cut yourself?" Sam says with disappointment, yet a gentle voice. I close the bathroom door and lock it. I sit on the bathroom carpet and he sits with me. "Well I'll start from the beginning." I say. "When I was 17, I was bullied a lot. So I started cutting my wrists. Then I went to my thighs and legs, then to my stomach. The bullying got so bad that.." I say chocking on my tears. "I tried to commit suicide." I say.