Chapter 9

Omg so here is a story about how I am an idiot: So, I have already read all 5 books twice, but I was checking something in book 1, and I saw that Polyglot wasn't spelled "Polygot" like I thought before. So I checked the other books and I realized that that's just how it's spelled. I know that Polyglot is an actual word but I thought it was spelled differently for the purposes of the book. So, am I just an unobservant idiot or did any of you think that too? And how did I not notice that before? I've also seen things online that say "Polyglot" but I never saw the "L" and omg. Just...omg. I actually can't believe it. Okay, story now!

Oralie smiled in Amy's direction and sat down at the table. She stayed silent for a moment before saying, "Grady is being kept in a prison in Lumenaria." (A/N Idk where there would be a prison so I made that up. I'm pretty sure that's where they kept Gethen.) "The Council will be questioning him more about the mission. They may decide that it was a treasonous act worthy of Exile."

Edaline gasped. "Why?"

"He did it without the Council's knowledge. I completely disagree. The rebels need to be caught. Bronte and Terik also disagree, but the rest of the Council will not be swayed."

Edaline sunk into her chair. Sophie felt like doing the same.

"But doesn't the Council want to catch the rebels?" Sophie asked.

"They do, but they want to do it on their own terms. I've already been gone too long. I'll update you further when I can," Oralie said in her gentle voice. She left the room hurriedly.

Tiergan, Juline, and Della had stepped aside and were discussing something in hushed tones. The rest of the group sat in tension until Tiergan said, "Let's all meet at Havenfield in two days to discuss as a group. The Collective will meet at Everglen tomorrow to talk again before we share the plan with the rest of you."

The group started to go home. As Sophie pulled out her home crystal, about to leap back home to go to sleep, Keefe pulled her aside, away from everyone else. "So, Foster."

"Yes, Keefe?"

He looked at her nervously. He pulled out his own home crystal, rolling it between his fingers. Sophie was just about to ask if everything was okay when he leaned in and kissed her cheek. "For the record, Fitz and Dex aren't the only ones who like you." He leaped away.

Sophie stood frozen for a minute until Edaline came around the corner. "You okay sweetie?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, mom. Let's just go home," she said, reaching for Amy's hand. The three leaped to Havenfield.

Amy slept with Sophie again that night. As the sisters lay side by side, both had too many thoughts occupying their minds to sleep. One girl thought of the strange new world she had been introduced to. The other girl thought of three boys.

One who was her best friend. Who had shared many experiences with her. Who had always stuck by her even when she had treated him terribly. Who had been her first true friend in the Lost Cities.

One who she had had a crush on since she first saw him. Who had shown her the life and world she could be a part of. Who had a unique connection with her. Who had always been there for her. Who she trusted with her life.

One who could lighten the mood, but knew when to be serious. Who had trusted her and opened up to her. Who needed her more than anyone. Who had kissed her.

Sophie finally drifted off to a confused sleep, and woke up disoriented and feeling lost. Keefe had confused her, and now she wasn't sure what to think of her friendships.

Omg! So, that happened! Anyway, I finally have a good idea, so hopefully I won't have more writer's block for a while. Sorry this chapter was kinda short. See you tomorrow! :)