Chapter 27

Hi guys! So Charlotte and I have started writing our story!! So far we have a chapter and a half, and it will probably go up in the fall. I'm so excited!!!!!!! :)

I have also started writing another story, called Inked. I'm not sure when it will go up, probably late fall.

I will also be updating some oneshots, but I don't know when I'll get around to writing those.

Right now I'm driving to Maine to see my grandparents and all my cousins and aunts and uncles for my grandparents' 50th anniversary. I'll still be able to update, but next week I'm going to a sleepaway camp (also in Maine) and I can't bring my phone or computer so I won't be updating until I get back. I'll update today, Sunday, and Monday, then I leave on Tuesday, but I'll update the next Monday when I come back.

Anyway, here is the next chapter! Enjoy! :)

Councillor Emery sat down next to Fitz. Tiergan cleared his throat, looking slightly annoyed.

"As I was saying, we have a lot to get to in this meeting. Let's start with Amy's memories." He opened Sophie's memory log.

"Did you probe her?" Emery interrupted.

"Yes. Miss Foster did. She projected the images here in her memory log," Wraith replied, irritated.

Emery nodded. "Continue." Sophie swore she saw Tiergan roll his eyes.

"As I mentioned earlier, the kidnappers can be identified as Alvar, Ruy, Gethen, and an unknown Technopath."

"Alvar Vacker?"

"Yes. Now, Councillor Emery, with all due respect, we do have a lot of business to cover. I understand you are quite a bit behind with matters concerning the Black Swan, but if you would please refrain from interrupting so we could get back on track? We do have a deadline if we want to stop elves and other species from dying," Tiergan said, forcefully but not entirely unkindly.

Emery nodded silently.

Tiergan continued, "As for the most recent kidnapping, they can be clearly identified as Alvar Vacker and Ruy Ignis." He looked pointedly at Emery to show that the last names were for his benefit.

"The Collective is in the process of creating a plan to rescue her, but for now we have made progress with Prentice," Blur added.

"What about Oralie," Sophie asked, concerned.

"Physic and Elwin are working with her now, and she is expected to make a full recovery." Della assured her.

"Returning to Prentice," Tiergan steered the conversation back to the broken Telepath, "although there is a lot going on currently, we do think we, or rather you, should look further into his mind."

Tam entered hesitantly into the doorframe. "Linh said I should come here."

"Yes!" Juline welcomed him in. "We need you to lift another shadow veil from Prentice's mind."

"Do you think you could do that?" added Wraith.

His brow furrowed. "I think so. Last time when I mentioned Sophie he responded so I could try that again."

"Wonderful!" Della clapped her hands, looking a bit like her daughter.

I'm changing the length of the chapters to 300-400 words (instead of 500-600). I want to be able to write a lot of chapters for you all and keep updating, but I will write faster if the chapters are a little shorter.