On the Road

"Larewen, wake up." My eyes opened revealing Thorin standing over me with his cloak on. I was laying on the couch, someone had laid a blanket on me in the night, I'm guessing it was Thorin. "We are leaving soon."

The Dwarves were putting on their cloaks and Gandalf was counting everyone.

"Is Bilbo up?" I yawned and combed my fingers through my hair, breaking through scraggly knots.

"Don't worry about him, get your cloak and weapons." Thorin held out his hand, I took it and he helped me up. "Did you walk or ride here?"

"Walked." I replied, looking through each corridor to find where I put my cloak.

"Good, I brought you a pony." Thorin said.

"Oh, thank you." I grabbed my sword, bow and quiver of arrows but still no cloak.

"Larewen." Thorin said.

"What?" I turned around, seeing a grin on Thorin's face. "What, Thorin?" I was starting to get irritated.

"You have your cloak on." He pointed. I reached behind me and grabbed the fabric and sighed. "I just wanted to see how long it would take you to notice." Thorin began laughing.

"Oh, stop." I shook my head and followed the rest of the company out the door where ponies were tied up on the gate.

We road out of Hobbiton slowly, trying not to catch to much attention, not that thirteen Dwarves, a woman, and a Wizard was enough. But it was better than galloping out of there. We remained at a slow pace while traveling through the Shire. I knew that we had plenty of time to get to the Mountain, but half of me was suspecting that Gandalf was waiting for Bilbo, incase he changed his mind last minute.

"What do you bet?" Asked Oin.

"I don't think he'll come." Said Nori.

"If he does you owe me ten shillings. If he doesn't, I owe you." Oin said.

"Deal." Nori nodded.
I rolled my eyes, wasting money on bets.

"I said it. Didn't I say? Coming here was a waste of time." I heard Dori a ways down the line.

"That's true enough!" Gloin replied.

"Ridiculous notion. Use a Hobbit? A Half ling?" Bofur said. "Whose idea was it anyway?"

I shook my head, but one word that was heard from a distance made me stop my pony.

"Wait!" The voice shouted.

"Larewen?" Thorin looked at me, wondering why I had stopped.

"I thought I heard-" I looked back.

"Wait!" It shouted again.

"Whoa, whoa." Gandalf stopped his pony. Everyone stopped their ponies and looked back to see Bilbo running after us with the contract in his hand.

"I signed it." Bilbo stopped and held up the parchment and handed it to Balin. "Here."

Balin looked at it. "Everything appears to be in order. Welcome, Master Baggins.. To the company of Thorin Oakenshield."