I See Fire

Balin walked out of the entrance to the Mountain and sat down on a rock.
  "And so it begins." He said.
"Oh, I do hope he comes out alright." I tapped my foot.

  "I do believe he will be fine, my dear." Balin reassured me. "Only time will tell."

  "Well in that case, I might as well sit down." I said, sitting down next to Thorin.

   After awhile I turned myself to the side and leaned my back against Thorin to get comfortable.
  "Don't get too comfortable, I have to move at some point." Thorin said.
  "Too late." I smiled, adjusting myself and crossing my arms.
  Thorin moved his arm and wrapped it around me.

   Just as my eyes were about to close, there was a rumble like thunder and the ground shook. I sat up and looked at the doorway.
  "Was that an earthquake?" Dori asked.
  "That my lad," Balin turned to him. "Was a dragon."

  "Oh no, we have to go get him out of there." I said.
  "No, we are not putting ourselves in danger." Thorin said. "Just wait here."
   "Wait for Bilbo to die? And all this be for nothing?" I turned and faced Thorin.
  An orange light came from inside the doorway.

  "What about Bilbo?" Ori turned to us.
"Exactly my point." I pointed at Ori.
  "Give him more time." Thorin said, standing up and walking over to the cliff edge.
  "Time to do what?" Balin asked. "To be killed."
  "What have I been talking about this entire time?" I said.
  Thorin turned and looked at Balin. "You're afraid."
  "Thorin!" I said in dismay.
"Yes, I'm afraid." Balin nodded. "I fear for you. A sickness lies upon that treasure hoard, a sickness which drove your grandfather mad."
  "I am not my grandfather." Thorin turned away from Balin.
  "You're not yourself." I stated. "The Thorin I married would not hesitate to go in that mou-"
  "I will not risk this quest for the life of one burglar." Thorin cut me off.
  "Bilbo. His name is Bilbo." Balin said. He looked at me and I shook my head, not knowing what had come over Thorin.
  More orange light came from the doorway. I stood up and approached Thorin.

  "Thorin, you are going in there and getting Bilbo right now." Thorin's opinion seemed to change when he heard the sharp tone in my voice. His face softened and he looked to the doorway then back at me. "Go." I pushed him towards the doorway.
  He turned and ran into the mountain, when he was out of sight Balin looked at me.

  "Well that was assertive." He said.
"I had to get him to go in there somehow." I replied.
  "I think you should go in there with him." Balin nodded towards the door.
  "I second that notion." I looked towards the door and ran in after Thorin.

  I found him at the foot of four stairs leading different ways.
  "Did you find him?" I asked.
"No, I don't know where he is." Thorin replied. He looked behind me, and I turned to see Bilbo running up a flight of stairs.
  "You're alive!" I ran up to him.
"Not for much longer!" Bilbo replied.
   "Did you find the Arkenstone?" Thorin asked walking to a doorway, I followed his lead and was the first one through.
  "The dragon's coming." Bilbo said making his way to the doorway.
  "The Arkenstone." Thorin said louder. "Did you find it?" Bilbo looked at him, furrowed his brow and looked at me.
  "No, we have to get out." He took a step forward and Thorin held his sword across the doorway to keep Bilbo from leaving.
  He then turned it to point at Bilbo and began walking forward with the sword still pointed at Bilbo making him walk backwards.
  "Thorin, stop." I said but he didn't listen. That's when I went forward and held him back from Bilbo, who was beginning to look worried. Then his eyes moved behind us and we both turned our heads to see Smaug the Dragon crawling his way through the gold coins.