A Turn of Tides

The fighting between Dwarves and Elves immediately stopped, Dain reformed his ranks towards the Orcs. The Elves stopped and stood where they were, waiting for Thranduil's word.
Dain's army began running towards the Orcs, the Elves were still standing still.

"The Elves," Bilbo began. "Will they not fight?"
I looked at the small number of Dain's army going against the thousands of Orcs that were running our way.
"They don't stand a chance." I looked behind me up the wall, where only twelve Dwarves stood up there. Where was Thorin?

The front row of Dain's army crouched down with their shields in front of them and the spears sticking out.
Then out of nowhere the Elves ran forward and jumped over the wall of shields just in time to attack the Orcs. After all the Elves made it over, the Dwarves ran forward with their spears.

The rest of the Elves began marching forward with us standing in the middle of their ranks.
"Uh Gandalf, is this a good place to stand?" Bilbo looked around.
"Probably not." I said, taking out my sword.

Another horn came from above, I looked to the top of a cliff where Azog stood, shouting out commands.
Coming from the tunnels were giant trolls that were swinging clubs at the Dwarves and Elves, killing them instantly.
Thranduil shouted a command and the Elves fired arrows at the trolls, killing a few.
A few Dwarves went forward on carts that held harpoons on them, pulled by mountain goats.
Azog gave another command and the trolls went for the harpoon carts.

"This isn't going to last." I said.

Once again, the Orcs horn blew and another rank of Orcs began marching towards Dale.
"Gandalf! They're going towards Dale!" I pointed.
"Azog is trying to cut us off." He said.

"All of you!" Bard shouted to the Laketown refugees. "Fall back to Dale, now!"
The Laketown Refugees, Bilbo, Gandalf and I began running towards the city, hopefully making it their before the Orcs did.

Behind the ranks of Orcs, trolls got on their hands and knees with catapults on their backs. Rocks were launched into the city, taking down a few towers.
Bard rode ahead and across the bridge to Dale.
A hole was broken into the wall surrounding the city and Orcs flooded in.

Just after the Orcs invaded, we ran in. Refugees were running here and there, there were already a few dead bodies on the ground.
"Bilbo, aim for places where the armor wouldn't cover." I said.
"Yeah? And where would that be?" Bilbo took a swing at another Orc.
"Neck, shoulder, elbows." I took down an orc before killing one that was going for Bilbo.
"Anything lower than that? Where I could reach?" Bilbo asked.
"Uh, behind the knee." I said.
"Thanks." Bilbo swung behind an Orc's knee, causing it to fall and allowing me to decapitate it.

"M'Lady!" I turned, realizing that I was the only woman fighting, to see Percy standing on steps. "Can you shoot?" He pointed at the bow over my shoulder.
"Decently." I nodded.
"Get up here and help me, there's a group of Orcs coming down this way!" He said.
I got on the small ledge next to him and began shooting at the Orcs that came running around the corner.

"Make for the Great Hall!" Bain was across the street, with a crowd of elders, woman and children behind him.
"Out of my way!" Alfrid pushed past everyone to get to the hall.
I almost shot him, but I wasn't going to waste an arrow on one selfish man.

I jumped down from the ledge and went back to sword combat. Elves joined us in the city, fighting every Orc they could. Thranduil rode in on his Elk, which was shot down, and he gracefully flipped off and landed before continuing to fight.

We fought some more and I regrouped with Bard before he ordered us to fall back. I caught sight of Gandalf and Bilbo and made my way over to them. Bilbo sat, leaning against the wall to catch his breath.
They stood at such a place where we could look over the valley leading to the mountain.
What was left of Dain's army stood in front of the gate against ranks of Orcs, getting ready to attack.
Azog shouted a command and the horn was blown, the army of Orcs began marching forward.