Fallen Warriors

Orcs stood along the path that led up to Raven hill, we didn't hesitate to kill them.
  I rode forward to meet up next to Thorin, Fili was still sitting behind me with his hands on my shoulders. Thorin looked at me with a look at worry on his face.

  "What?" I asked.
"I'm beginning to regret letting you come with us." He replied.
  "I'll be fine." I looked forward.
"Just stay close." Thorin said.
  "I will, don't worry." I reassured him.
   We rode up the steep slope to the cliff, getting ever so close to our enemy. We got to stony ruins, where Orcs were waiting for us, we killed each of them and continued up steps to leap off our goats and fight off Orcs.
  We had killed the last of them before standing in the empty ruins. Thorin walked to the edge of the stone that touched the river of ice and looked across to the spot that Azog was standing only a few moments ago, but that place was now empty.

  "Where did he go?" Kili asked. "It looks empty."
  "I think Azog has fled." Fili said.
"I don't think so." Thorin said.
  "Everyone keep watch." I looked around.

  Thorin turned and faced us.
"Fili, take your brother, scout out the towers." He said. "Keep low and out of sight. If you see something report back, do not engage, do you understand?"
  Kili and Fili nodded.
"We have company." Dwalin said.

  We turned to see goblins crawling over a wall.
  "Goblin mercenaries." I said. "One hundred at the most."
  "We'll take care of them." Thorin stood next to me. "Go!" He said to Kili and Fili and they went off.

  The goblins came at us with their weapons and we began fighting once more.
  "Larewen, bow." Thorin said to me, nodding towards a overhang that was just above us.
  "On it." I nodded and Dwalin covered me as I climbed up to the overhang and began shooting arrows at the on coming goblins, giving Thorin and Dwalin time.

  If only one of us had seen the goblin behind me, I would have never felt that sharp pain across my outstretched arm.
  "Damn." I hissed, dropping my bow and quickly reaching for one of my daggers and stabbed the goblin, killing it.

  When I saw that there weren't any more goblins behind me, I reached for my arm, putting pressure on the wound.
  "Larewen, are you alright?" Thorin called up to me.
  "I'm fine, I'm not dying." I said, jumping down from the ledge.
  "Give me your arm." Thorin reached out his hand.
   "Thorin, I'm fine, really." I said.
Thorin gave me a stern look and I held out my bloodied arm.
  "It's not too deep, see?" I said, then I ripped the bottom of my shirt and Thorin quickly wrapped it the best he could.

  Either I had gone mad, or it was the fog that impaired my vision, but Bilbo had appeared out of nowhere and bent down to catch his breath.
  "Thorin!" He breathed out.
Thorin turned around and looked at the hobbit.
  "Bilbo!" He smiled.
"You have to leave here, now." Bilbo said. "Azog has another army attacking from the north. This watch tower will be completely surrounded, there'll be no way out."
  "We are so close." Said Dwalin. "That Orc scum is in there, I say we push on." He was about to make his way towards the tower where Azog was.
  "No," Thorin stopped him. "That's what he wants, he wants to draw us in."
  "It's a trap." I said, realization washing over me.

  After I had said those words both me and Thorin looked to the ruins across the river.
  "Thorin, Kili and Fili are in there." I said.
  "I know." Thorin nodded. "We have to find them, call them back." He said to Dwalin.
  "Thorin, are you sure about this?" Dwalin asked.
  "Do it." Thorin said. "We'll live to fight another day."

  We began making our way towards a doorway when there was a drumbeat. We stopped and turned around to look at the tower across the river, torch lights glowed in their doorways as more drums were beating.