Chapter Five

A/N: if you like this chapter, press the vote button.

"You want to find David?" A befuddled Daniel asked.

"No, I want to find my real dad-Phil." I turned on a nearby table lamp, "in my dream my Dad told me to open my heart and follow it then he broke my locket and smoke came out of it. Here we are now with a piece of paper with an address on it that was inside my locket!" I placed the address in Dan's palm.

"Willow, how do you know this will lead you to your Dad?"

"I don't," I said flatly.

"Then are you really going to take the risk of finding your Dad? This might not even be his address! He could be dead for all you know!" His words stung, I could see it in his eyes he hated saying it.

"Daniel, sometimes you have to jump and risk everything to find the next part of your life."

"Yeah, but is it worth risking everything?!"

"Dan, I've lost almost everything already!" I paused. "So what do I have to lose when everything and everyone is lost?"

"Me! Willow, I'm not lost yet! You may want to risk everything because you have nothing but I have you Willow. I don't want to lose you."

"Daniel, this is important to me," I murmured.

"You're important to me."

"Dan, I don't want to lose you either but I'm going. With or without you." He looked hurt, like he saw his puppy ran over. I turned around sharply, "Thanks for helping me, Dan."

"Wait, Willow!" I turned back to him.

"What?!" I said a little too angrily.

He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. I've never actually been kissed, Daniel has, of course, considering he's in college-about to finish his first year. He pulled away slowly, our foreheads touching, our noses brushing against each other's ever so slightly. "Please don't go," He whispered quietly.

"I have to." He grabbed my hand and placed something cold and jagged in my palm.

"Take it."

"Your dad will kill me if I take your car. He already hates me for talking to you."

"Then he will continue to hate you because I will never stop talking to you."

"I...I should get going," I said so quietly I don't think he heard me. "I'll walk myself out."

He didn't follow me. Part of me believes he wanted to so he could spend time with me, the other part of me believed he didn't want to come because he knew his Dad would be furious. The last time Daniel got into a fight with his Dad is when his Mom came over for Easter, his Dad and mom got into a huge fight. Then his dad brought Dan into the fight. This is probably why Daniel's parents are divorced.

I unlocked the car door just as I heard the front door slam. With an unzipped duffel bag, Daniel ran towards me. "Like I said, I'm not going to lose you."

This time it was me who leaned in pressed my lips against the other person. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped one hand around my waist and the other in my hair. "Thank you for never leaving me, Dan."

We got into the car, he pressed the gas peddle, until our hometown, our problems, and our troubled pasts were miles away.