Chapter Eighteen

Fear burned inside of me. Deja Vu. "Now, here are the rules," Matt stated. "You are going to give us all of your belongings that are worth something. Then, someone will be picked to make the first move." The three of us were paralyzed with fear.

"SO IN OTHER WORDS, HAND EVERYTHING OVER!" Dan emptied what was in his wallet, which was only forty dollars. Bleu only had a twenty and once again, I had nothing.

"Sixty dollars... Not as good as our last customers but hey, it'll do."

"Why are you doing this?" Bleu croaked.

"Because life ain't fair!" Drake's words echoed in the small, empty neighborhood.

"Now, I don't think that's everything." Commented Matt. He gestured towards my locket. I shook my head, there was a lump in my throat, words that I wanted to say but I couldn't. He pointed the gun so that the muzzle was aimed right between my eyes. "It's quite simple. Your life for the locket or your death for the locket." My shaky hands undid the clasp and gave it to him. "Thank you. Now, Drake, do your thing," he cheered. Drake went behind us and tied something around our wrists tightly.

"On your knees! Except for you." He gestured towards me with his gun. Bleu and Daniel kneeled next to each other, looking like they've seen a ghost-probably their own. Drake gripped my shoulders and pushed me, so that now I was facing Dan and Bleu.

"Now, it's time to play the game." He paused, chuckling at his own idea. "This gal is going to make a choice, she has thirty seconds to decide. If she doesn't, we make it for her."

My jaw dropped, they're going to ask the impossible. A question that expects an answer. A question where every answer leads to death. A question... Between two breathing beings. Tears started to well up in my eyes.

"The first and final question," Matt said formally. Both boys had their guns locked on their targets-us.

"Who shall live and you shall die? Your choice, Willow."

I shook my head, "No, No. NO, DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!"

"PLEASE! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, MATT?" Bleu cried.

"GO TO HELL, YOU TWO!" Dan shouted.

"WE'RE ALREADY THERE!" Matt bellowed."TWENTY SECONDS!"

"NO, DON'T KILL THEM! PLEASE! PLEASE DON'T!"

"FIFTEEN SECONDS!"

"I-I-I DON'T KNOW! I CAN'T PICK BETWEEN THEM!"

"TEN SECONDS!"

"KILL ME INSTEAD!" My voice had a raspy edge to it. "JUST KILL ME!"

"NO, WILLOW! YOU CAN'T! YOU DESERVE TO LIVE!" Dan screamed.

"WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO LIVE FOR?"

"ME-" BANG. The bullet flew forward, but in my eyes, it was in slow motion. I screamed hoarsely. But no matter how much I screamed, it wouldn't stop where that bullet was going-Daniel.

"Now everything you had to live for is dead. And soon, you will be too." He pointed the gun at me. I closed my eyes, hoping that the darkness would be better than the light, though perhaps I've been in the darkness so long I don't remember what the light looks like.

"WHAT IS ALL THIS RACKET!?" I opened one eye. A middle age man glared at us from his porch. Drake and Matt took off, leaving us behind, still shaken up.

"HELP US, SOMEONE IS DYING!" Bleu screamed. I'm glad she could speak, my words were knotted together in my throat, it didn't look they could untangle anytime soon.

The middle aged man rushed back into his house and then back to us with his cell phone to his ear. "Hi, I need your help..." I closed my eyes and let myself fall deeper into the black oblivion that was swallowing me whole.

—————————————————————
A/N: hey, remember when I said in the introduction that I stopped writing because I thought no one would like this story? Yeah, this is where I stopped. What a cliffhanger, am I right?! So, the next two chapters I wrote this year and I just want to say, I wrote what younger me envisioned, so...don't hate me...