Chapter Twelve

A/N: if you like this chapter, consider giving it a vote <3

I gazed out the window as the car sped to the police station. The speed and the snow made everything blurry.

**********

We pulled into the icy parking lot, the two cops in the front seat dragged us inside. Dan and I plopped down in some cushy wooden chairs. "So, who wants to make the first phone call?" I exchanged a glance with Dan, neither of us wanted to call our parents to tell them we were handcuffed at a police station in Canada because we almost crossed the border illegally.

Maybe I didn't have to call David... Maybe I could call my other parent... I cleared my throat. "I have his address but I don't know his phone number. Can you find his phone number?" I pulled the address out of my locket and handed it to the police officer, who looked at it skeptically.

He snatched the address and programmed the information into the computer. With a quick scribble, my Dad's phone number was now being handed to me.

My shaky hand picked the phone up that was attached to the wall, I slowly punched the numbers in. All that was left is the last four digits, 1648.  That was it, the phone was ringing and my heartbeat was pounding. I'm going to talk to my dad.

One ring. Two rings. Three rings. When is he going to pick up? Maybe Daniel was right, maybe this isn't his address or phone number. Five rings. Six rings. It's useless. I pulled the phone away from my ear, ready to put it back on the hook.

"Hello?" Said a feminine voice. Someone is there, there's another person on the line! I glued the clunky phone back to my ear.

"Hi!"

"Who's this?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said a little too eagerly. "Is Phil there, I need to speak with him. It's kind of an emergency." Muffled voices and crackling came through the tiny speaker.

"Hello?" It was him.