Chapter Nineteen

A/N: if you like this chapter, considering giving it a vote <3

Brightness. That was all I saw. Am In heaven?

"Oh, thank God! You're awake!" Phil's voice rang in the small, sterile hospital room. Painted bags were under his eyes, his thin, clearly dyed black hair was horrendously scruffy. Nope, not in heaven. I'm stuck in hell with him "How do you feel?"

"Fine," the word was sharp and my tone was venomous. I pushed myself off the hospital bed, feeling incredibly woozy.

"Oh no, no, no. You should stay in bed, sweetie. You went into shock after what happened."

My gaze turned towards him, anger cascading and coursing through my body. "Sweetie?! Did you just call me sweetie?!"

"Well, yes. You are my daughter, Willow."

"AND YOU WERE MY DAD! BUT YOU RAN OFF WITH LITTLE MISS PERKY TITS TO START A NEW AND IMPROVED FAMILY!" Beads of tears welled up in my eyes. "Clearly, we weren't enough for your dream family."

Silence erupted throughout the room. He collapsed onto the couch and put his hands to his eyes. Suddenly, the quiet that once loomed was broke by an eerie moan. "Y-You're right," Phil looked up, lines of tears streaked his face. "You're right t-to say that...I-I was never there for you, even when I was still living in that household." He reached over for a tissue from the nightstand, then started dabbing the snot running from his sharp nose. "You know how you can do anything well until someone says something like 'don't think about the fact that you're doing it!' And then, that's all you can think about...That's what happened, I guess. I realized how much you looked up to me. How much responsibility laid on my shoulders. How much you needed me..."

"And so you ran off like that?! That's your excuse?!"

"No!" He screamed, hoarsely, the tone of his voice terrified me to the bone. "I realized all those things and just like that saying, I kept slipping up and that slip-up was Flora. It started off as a one night stand but it was like a drug. I got addicted, I kept coming back more and more. When your Mother said she was pregnant again with your sister, I started spiraling down a hole which lasted a couple of years. I debated on which life to live because I've made two." Phil inhaled sharply, causing more tears to come. "Then I left because I was confused. It didn't help that Stella looked up to me so much."

"Well, you were her Dad," I uttered, the words slick on my tongue.

"Don't get me wrong, I love Flora and Ozzie but I also love you guys."

"Well, now your decision is easier. There's less of us, more of the perfect, plastic family. Pick them." I said with my arms crossed. Ignoring the Phils orders, I padded towards the door, hoping to see Daniel.

"But the thing is, Willow, I want you back in my life," he whispered through muffled sniffles. "I really am sorry for being the downfall of this family-"

"My family. You chose to leave it, Phil!"

"YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY DAUGHTER, WILLOW! I NEVER STOPPED THINKING ABOUT YOU GUYS!"

"Then why didn't you call us?! Visit?! Write?!"

"Because then it'd lead to the situation we're in right now! Screaming, tears, frustration! You guys are Angels without wings, you shouldn't have to put up with that kind of shit."

I threw my hands into the air, "that's the real world, Phil! You let it come right through the front door when you left. Just accept it. You made a choice." I started to turn towards the door when he murmured something inaudible. "What?"