Chapter Sixteen

A/N: hey...I'm not dead...well... Anyway, I've just been busy. I just finished my current event for history and it's 12:59 AM...Yay.

For hours and hours, I walked in random directions, hoping I would stumble upon something that would help me. But so far the only thing that has fallen in my path is the snow descending from the heavens, getting heavier by the hour.

A single street lamp lit up one part of the street, illuminating a trash can and a metal box. Wait, a metal box? I quickly jogged over to the cube, it's a pay phone. I thought they got rid of these because they were so obsolete! Who cares though, there's hope in my future!

My fingers twined around the clunky, black phone. "Please insert a quarter," said a recorded robotic voice. The light of hope I saw just seconds ago disappeared.

I was left with one question-What do I do now?

I planted my butt on the snow and leaned my head against the pay phone. A yawn spat out of my mouth. I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the fact that I was lost, that it was cold, and that my pants were wet.

*************

A laugh echoed from a few meters away.  People! Maybe they have a quarter. I quickly pushed myself off the ground and jogged over to them.

"Hi!" I said through my clenched teeth, it was so damn cold out.

"Hello," said a girl with brown hair with blue ends, she was holding a  full Starbucks cup. Behind her were two guys, each of them had an impish smirk on their face.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but do you have a quarter?"

"Ummm," the girl fished through her skinny jean pockets. "Yep!" She tossed the coin to me.

"Thanks." I inserted the coin and dialed the number the policemen gave me. It was ringing. The girl and her friends didn't leave, they looked at me like I was some sort of a mythical creature.

"Hello?" Daniel. A smile tugged on my lips.

"Dan, I need you to pick me up?"

"Where are you? We've been looking for you everywhere! We had to stop at Phil's house to use the bathroom."

"Are you still at Phil's?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I want you to pick me, not him." Silence. "Daniel, did you hear me?"

"Yeah, I heard you," he sighed. "Where are you?" I pulled the phone away from my ear.

"Where are we?"

"We at the corner of Fox Street and Smerling Drive."I mouthed a 'thank you' to the blue-haired stranger. 'No problem.' She mouthed back.

"I'm at the corner of Fox Street and Smerling drive."

"Alright, I'll be there in a little bit."

"Okay."

"Willow?"

"Yes?"

"Be safe and..."

"And what, Dan?"

"I love you..." I said nothing. He chuckled awkwardly, "Like as a friend, I mean."

"I love you as a friend too, Dan."

Angel (A Story Written by my Younger Self)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें