Chapter Eleven

He smiled. I was ready to kiss him again when the train came to a sudden stop. His smile disappeared, it was replaced with an expression of concern and confusion. "Why did the train stop?" I whispered with urgency in my voice.

"I don't know." The doors were still open, allowing us to peek outside. Canadian officers were opening every box and searching them.

"Hey, Dan?"

"Is your question how are we going to escape this search?"

"No, it's how are we going to go to Canada without a passport?" He looked back at me. Neither of us brought passports and I don't think Dan brought enough money for us to get them.

"Why don't worry about escaping the officers first?"

"Why do we have to worry about the officers?" I asked, feeling a bit absentminded.

"Willow, It'll look like we were stealing or trespassing," he paused. "We kind of trespassed."

"Oh... Well then, let's go." We hopped out of the cargo box and made a break for it. "The officers were still near the front, so we probably would be long gone," I thought aloud.

"HEY!" Someone screamed. Both Dan and I turned around. Five officers were looking right at us.

"Run." Daniel muttered under his breath. I nodded. We sprinted as if our lives depended on it, which it probably did.

"GET BACK HERE!" The sound of what seemed like more than five officers and a dog or two was behind us. The noise of the mob chasing us got closer and closer and no matter how hard we ran, we couldn't go any faster.

An officer grabbed my arm with a grip of steel. Another tackled Daniel, the officer's German Shepard sniffed him. "What were you two doing inside that cargo filled with illegal items?"

Dan's face was buried in the snow, so I had to talk. "We didn't know it was full of illegal item, Sir. You see, his car broke down and a bunch of teens destroyed. So, we decided to hop on the nearest train to see if we could find my real Father."

The policeman grabbing my arm nodded at the other policemen. He let go, "You're going to have to come to the station with us. " He pulled out some handcuffs from his pocket.

"BUT WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" I screamed.

"But you don't have a passport, do you? And you were just going to cross the Canadian border illegally?" I sighed. He got us there.

They escorted us both back to their police car, handcuffed, and ready to be taken to the police station.

"Oh, by the way. You each get a phone call" said the police man who handcuffed me.