Chapter Fifteen

Anger was taking over, I clenched my fists. "You... Cheated on my Mother?"

"Willow, I-"

"No, I'm okay with that," I paused. "But I'm not okay that you cut off all ties with us to take care of your precious new love and Ozzie."

"I wanted to go back, Willow. You just don't understand."

"Oh, you're right. I don't understand. Because I never left someone." Tears were pouring from my eyes like a waterfall. "IF YOU DIDN'T LEAVE US, NONE OF THIS WOULD'VE HAPPENED! MOM AND STELLA WOULD STILL BE ALIVE, WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH DAVID'S TORTURE, WE WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO AFFORD MOST THINGS!"

I got out of the car and slammed it with all of my might. I put one foot in front of the other until I was sprinting like the flash or at least as fast as I could go.

***************

A wheeze knotted up in my throat signaling that I should stop, I did suit and took in my surroundings. The sun was setting in the dark sky. I was in a neighborhood that people would describe as 'the bad part of town;' the street came to a dead end, each house had a short driveway with cracks carved into it, one of the windows was smashed in one of the houses. In the driveway in front of me, on old beatbox sat there looking incredibly obsolete.

"And the weather tomorrow will be more snow." I looked around me, I was alone. Who was speaking? "Now for the news with Thea Queen."

The radio. I walked up to it slowly, as if I was a lion sneaking up on its prey. "I'm sorry to say that there another gang attack in 'the bad area' of Sault Ste. Marie. Three People were put through this incident: Emma Starling, Mario Pepper, and Axl Smith. Emma was put in the hospital but the doctors will only say she's fine, a little traumatized and a few scraps here and there. Mario Pepper died in the hospital a couple minutes ago... Rest in peace Mario. Axl wasn't harmed. That's all for tonight. Back to you, Lauryl."

I turned my attention back to the houses. I shouldn't have run away, now I'm the one who's lost.