Chapter Fourteen

A/N: yes, when creating Phil, I kept picturing Phil Lester. So, imagine my Phil with thinner hair like that ^ and stubble on his chin.

It only took him thirty minutes to get here. He pushed the doors open and looked at me. "Willow..." He wrapped his loving arms around me. He was real, not like in the dream. "What do you mean by gone?"

"First, could you get us out of these. " I gestured towards the handcuff, that has been pinching my skin for what seems like an eternity.

"Why are you handcuffed?"

"We almost crossed the Canadian border on a train full of illegal items." He gave me a concerned look. "We didn't know there were illegal items on it! We...I'll explain it later, it's a long story."

Phil sighed, as if this happened every day. "Could you let them go?" He asked the police officer who had a bushy mustache that needed to be shaved.

"I'll let them go when someone pays the fines." The officer waved the papers in the air. Phil snatched them and groaned. He pulled out his wallet and slammed the money on the desk. The officer exchanged him an agitated expression, followed by the clinks of the keys to the handcuffs. A relieved sigh slipped from my mouth when the chains came off. "Now. What do you mean by gone."

"It's probably best if we go in the car for this," I said quietly.

When all the car doors slammed shut, I began at the beginning of the story, when he left us. I told him every detail, with all the emotions I had. I told him how we were forced to move to a smaller house when we couldn't afford the one we were living in, how David forced mom to stay in a relationship, how he abused us, how mom died in a suicide car crash, how I ended up working for the three of us, the story of Azul- which he already knew, the incident at Mac's Diner, the idea and procedure of finding him, the boys in the van, and finding the illegal train.

Tears were in his eyes. "I should've visited you guys or called or something! It's better than what I did..."

"You mean leaving us which lead to the end of our 'family'?" He said nothing. "Why did you leave, Dad?" Again nothing. "Dad, I told you my side of the story. Now it's your turn."

"You'll hate me even more."

"Dad, I don't hate you now."

He sighed. "Willow. You have a sibling."

"Do you mean Stella?"

"No. I mean Ozzie."

"Whose that?"

"Willow, I cheated on your Mother. Then I left you guys to start a new family."