#17 - Dead/Unexistent/Too Chill Parents

"In Warriors fan fictions the main character's parents are never normal. One of them are either dead, or both dead, or they are abusive, etc."

Type Of Book- I know Twig said Warriors Fanfiction, but this also applies to much more so I will be doing more than one Scenario.

Scenario One(Normal Book):

I quietly tiptoed down the stairs of my three-story home, holding a tiny flashlight as I navigated down the halls of my home. My heart stopped as I heard a noise. I was right outside my parent's bedroom. The door creakily opened, to show the sleepy face of my mother. I gasped, knowing I would be toast...

"Where are you going?" My mother asked, looking at me up and down. I was wearing a crop-top with a ripped denim miniskirt that barely went over my mid-thigh. "A...party with Jason..." I murmured. Then, my mother gave me a bright smile. "Okay sweetie, be back by...oh, whenever!" She chirped, skipping back into her bedroom.

My jaw dropped. "Well...okay!" I then skipped down the hallway, down the last flight of stairs, and out the door. I hopped into Jason's car, made out with him for a few minutes, before speeding away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sadly sat alone in the cafeteria, a tear slowly dropping out of my eye. I was holding a picture of my dead mother and father, who had died a few years ago in a car crash. It's all I ever think about...

Suddenly my boyfriend, Luca, came over to me and kissed me. "Don't cry, love. Everything will be alright." My eyes widened. "Luca, you cured my grief!" I shrieked, tackling him and peppering his face with kisses.

Scenario Two (Warriors):

I was running alongside my sister, Poppypaw, as we ran across the long stretch of field we had to go through to get to the Gathering.

Our Clan was behind us, so we slowed down a bit to let them catch up. "Hey, Poppypaw...do you think Petalstar will announce our parent's death at the Gathering?" I asked. Both of them had been killed in battle, like almost every cat in Warriors Fanfictions do. (Hardcore Fourth Wall Breaking!)

"I guess..." Murmured Poppypaw. She was still sensitive about it. I got over it a quarter moon ago!

Everything Wrong With This:

1. Child...most mothers would grab their children, march upstairs, and throw them into their room if they caught SIGHT of their child sneaking out. Plus, they would be grounded for the rest of their lives.

2. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?! Sounds like you're going to a ho-down instead of a party...and what even is a "ripped denim skirt"?

3. If your mother gives you a chance to explain yourself, say "I was going for a walk around the block. It was getting really hot in my room." or "I was just getting a snack, and I put random clothes on to keep me warm." or JUST DON'T GO TO A PARTY!!!!!! Be smart about it!

4. *sigh* What mother in her right mind would let their underage, young, and probably gullible child go to a party IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, with a guy, and NO SUPERVISION!! Terrible mother, right there...

5. No....stop...please... A magical kiss cannot cure grief! It takes a long, long, long, LONG time to get over grief, and you actually may never fully get over it! It takes time, and certianly does NOT get cured with a kiss.

Warriors

6. Not much to say, but in almost EVERY SINGLE PARENT IN WARRIORS FANFICTIONS ARE DEAD!! WHY?! I sadly don't know...but it's getting irritating. Authors probably think it'll make the character look deeper, or something like that...but there are many other ways to create a good character, so use your creativity, your brain, and your imagination.

~Stormy