Nine

We spent a few more hours with just me helping jin and giving him advice. He said that would keep everything in mind and try to communicate with his cheetah.

"I'm bored." I groan as I throw myself on one of the beds. "Want to go to the park near here?" Yoongi asked as he lay beside me.

"You have a park near hear?" I asked as I turn head to look at yoongi. "Yeah, we used to go there to clear our head." He replied.

"Alright, let's go." I say as I get up.  "Why is it I suggested this? I don't wanna get up." He complained. I roll my eyes and try pulling his arm but he was much stronger and just pulled his arm away.

I call out lilac and she gives me a confused look. I gesture to Yoongi who had closed his eyes now. Lilac bit his thigh lightly but enough for him to jump up. "SERIOUSLY! YOU HAD LILAC BITE ME?!" yoongi shouted.

"Well next time get up." I smirk and walk to the door with lilac behind me. I open the door and walk out with a pouting yoongi following.

"She didn't bite you that hard." I chuckle. "Oh really, has she ever bitten you?" He retorted. "Yep. If I ignore her she just bites me." I reply.

We arrive at the park and I smile brightly. It was a little kids park but that didn't matter.

I ran over to a swing and sat down. I pat the swing next to me and yoongi sits on it.

"Thank you for showing me this. It is such a cute little place." Yoongi smiled and nods. "You were bored so why not." He replies.

"Unnie, oppa, can you help me?" A little girl asked as she approached yoongi and I.

"Oh course, what do you need help with?" I respond. "Cosmos won't go into dormant state." The girl pouted while point to a black bear behind her.

"Aww, why not? Do they usually go into dormant state when you ask?" I ask the little girl.

"He always listens to me but he won't now. My mom wanted me to be a top trainer but I ended up as just a trainer and now I can't even call in my spirit animal. I'm a failure." She looks down at the ground, on the verge if tears. That was really unexpected.

"Aww it's okay, you aren't a failure. It's okay if your spirit animal doesn't listen all the time." Yoongi comforted her and pulled her into a hug, sitting on the ground beside her. She hugged him back tightly and sat in his lap.

"Thank you oppa but my mom says in a disappointment. She is never wrong." The girl said, tears flowing now.

"Well she is now. You are perfect just the way you are." He said and she hugged him tighter. My heart melted at the scene before me. Yoongi was so good with kids, it's adorable.

I call out lilac and gesture to the bear. She immediately trudged off to the bear and sat beside it.

"What's your name?" I ask the girl. She doesn't pull away from yoongi but responds, "Eun sohee."

"That is a beautiful name." Yoongi compliments. "Thank you oppa, you are very kind." She replies. A smile spread across Yoongi's face as he continues to embrace sohee.

As I am admiring Yoongi and sohee, I feel something nudge my waist. I turn to see lilac with cosmos, the bear, behind her.

"Sohee, why don't you try calling cosmos in again." I suggest. She pulls away from yoongi and sees her bear.

She walks over and strokes his head. She leans her forehead on his and they both close their eyes. Cosmos disappears in a flash of light.

Sohee turns around with the biggest smile. "Thank you so much unnie and oppa." She hugged me and then yoongi, who was still laying on the floor.

"What are your names?" She asked. "I am yoongi and she is miyoung." Yoongi replies. The girls mouth drops and she stares at me.

"Chun MiYoung?" She asked. I smile and nod, pointing to lilac. "There is my wolf, her name is lilac." I say. "You are such an admirable person. I hope to one day have a connection like you and lilac." Sohee gushes.

I pat her head and smile. "Thank you sohee, you are very kind. Just make sure to treat cosmos right and you may be able to have an even stronger bond then us." I reply.

"Miyoung unnie, can I ask you something?" She asks. "Oh course sweetie, what is it?" I reply. "Can we talk in private?" She asks. For such a young girl she seems really smart and well mannered.

"Sure, yoongi can you leave us for a minute?" I ask him. He nods and walks off to a bench.

"Unnie, can you adopt me?" She whispers. I stay silent for a second, the question was so sudden. "Why would you ask that? Don't you love your parents?" I ask. "No, they hurt me. They kick me and punch me because I am not a good enough trainer." She replies and lifts her shirt a bit.

I gasp and my eyes tear up when I see a giant bruise consuming most of her side. I put a hand over my mouth so I don't cry.

"Oh my God. Why didn't you tell anyone?" I ask. "Mommy and daddy said I shouldn't and that it's normal but I asked my friend and her parents don't do that." She replied.

"Sohee! What did I say about talking to strangers? You are only six, you can't be out alone. Let's go." A women says and yanks on sohee's arm aggressively.

I immediately grab Sohee and pick her up, resting her on my hip. "Are you her mom?" I ask. "Yes, give me my child." She says and reached for sohee.

I take a step back and glare at her. "The one who abused her daughter?" I retort. "What are you talking about. I will call authorities." She said angrily.

"Go ahead and call them. Then you can explain the giant bruise on your daughters side." I spat. The women looked taken back by my words.

"Fine. Keep her. She was just a disgrace any ways." The women glared at her daughter before walking off. How could someone say that? Especially about such an adorable and sweet child?

Yoongi walled up and put a hand on my shoulder. "She just left her daughter. How sick." I say and shake my head. "Let's go to the orphanage. You are the person everyone looks up to. Even the elders look your way for advice. You shouldn't have any problem bending the rules a little. They might let you adopt her." Yoongi suggests.

"I don't know if I'm ready to be a mom." I whisper and look at him. "I would help you. This isn't something to do alone. Do you really want to send sohee into the system?" Yoongi asked. "No." I mumble.

"Then there is only one thing to do."