Chapter One

Lauren Jauregui woke up to the screeching sound of alertness. "God dammit, this stupid thing," she mumbled as she slammed her fist down the alarm clock. The girl laid there for an instant. She was relaxed until consciousness claimed her. "SHIT!!!" Lauren screamed. She remembered that today is a very important day. A day that would change her life and her professional career.

It was her first day attending McGill University in Montreal. Sure, Lauren could've stayed in Miami and studied there, but her need for exploration and change pushed her to relocate. She always appreciated Montreal. The Canadian city is a flourishing land of cultural diversity, a factor that the humanity in the 20 year old loves. Lauren started saving her money ever since she got her first job at the young of age at 14. She had to take care of the organisms at the pet store. Getting bitten by snakes and rats became second nature to her. By the time she finished College at Sir Abbot, she had enough money to finance her move to Montreal.

One week and numerous emotional goodbyes later, Lauren was boarding a flight to Montreal. The second she exited the airport and called a cab, she knew this was where great things would happen. She could just feel it. A yellow car soon came to her and Lauren jumped in with her belongings. "Bonjour Madame, ou est votre destination aujourd'hui?" asked the driver looking back at the girl. (Translation: Hello Miss, where is your destination today?) Lauren understood the French language. She spoke well but with a thick and heavy English accent. "Um... La place est 2802 BLVD St. Catherine in Montreal" said a very focused Lauren. (Translation: Um... The place is) The driver gave her a nod of understanding and started driving to the location.

Lauren was mesmerized. A cluster of people on every inch of side walk. The architecture of the old buildings were magnificent also. The structures were covered with artistic graffiti. Her favourite one was a young boy sitting down on a rock looking out to a beautiful cotton candy sunrise. She could connect with him. Lauren loves looking out into the distance of an aesthetically pleasing sunset.

The girl was shut out of her bubble when the cab driver told her they arrived. Lauren paid the fee, took her bags, and exited the vehicle. She watched him drive away. Looking around, it was a quieter section of the city. No one was walking around and no cars were on the road. Turning around, she was in front of her 3 story apartment building. She entered and took the stairs to her new home on the last floor. She knew she was at her door when she saw a silver #12 on it. Grabbing the keys, she not only opened the door to her new home, but also to her new life. There was no furniture in her new place except a mattress in the living room. Being tremendously tired from the plane ride, she put a 6:00 am alarm on, landed on the bed, and fell into a deep slumber.

That leads us to now. A nervous and ecstatic Lauren running around trying to get ready to start her pivotal day. "You know what, I'll pick it up tonight," the woman said as she empties out her suitcase. She got dressed and packed her bag for school. Grabbing her wallet, phone, and keys, she left her apartment and walked to a local breakfast restaurant.

Entering the food place, she noticed no one else sitting and only one employee behind the cash. "This just proves my point that no one should be awake at such an ungodly time," Lauren thought to herself. The girl at the cash notices Lauren and called her over. "Bonjour, hi," said the cashier to see what language she should speak. "Hi! This place is really empty!" said a giggling Lauren. "Yes haha! It's early so people are usually still sleeping! We are prepared for early birds like you though! What would you like to order?" asked the employee. Lauren looked down at the girl's name tag, it said Alice, she liked the sound of it. Lauren saw a picture of an egg sandwich on a poster and went for it. "The egg sandwich looks succulent. Oh, and a medium black coffee with two sugars please," Lauren said. "Coming right up!" Alice declared.

Five minutes later her food was ready. She thanked Alice and sits down at a table overlooking the street. While she eats, she thought of how crazy this all is. She is starting her life as an adult. Looking at the time, she realized she needed to get to her bus stop to catch the public transportation to University. Lauren collected her trash and threw it away. Saying a last goodbye to Alice, she walked to her bus stop at the end of the street.

She noticed another girl waiting next to her. They were the only two people at the stop. Lauren examined her. The woman had brown luscious hair which embellished her figure. She was also short but not in a way that could be made fun of. "Damn. She is really cute," Lauren told herself. The girl noticed Lauren's blatant staring and flashed her a smile. Lauren's heart swelled up and decided to speak up. "Hey, I'm L-" was all she got out before she was cut by the arriving bus. The other girl entered and Lauren was behind her, earning a premium view of her behind. "THAT IS THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE SEEN IN ALL OF MY EXISTENCE," was the only thing in Lauren's mind as she sat down in a seat next to the window. The other girl sat towards the back of the bus.

Ten minutes later the bus arrived at McGill University. Lauren got up to walk towards the exit of the bus. So did the other girl she previously was at the bus stop with. They both hopped off out and walked towards the educational institution. Lauren walked towards the English literature section of the school rapidly, leaving some distance between the two girls. Lauren entered the building and quickly found her classroom. She didn't have time to wander around. The 20 year old walked to the top row and sat down at a very old wooden desk with markings made by its previous occupants. "Good luck living," "Class of death," and "Choke yourself while you still have time" were a few of the words graved within the wood. Lauren was alone in the class. Until someone walked in. The bus stop girl. She sat down near the door, not noticing Lauren. They were both doing literature majors. "Now I'm interested," Lauren told herself.

Hi. I hope the story interests you like Lauren is about this girl. Let me know how you feel! Thank you for reading! Take care of yourselves