Chapter Thirteen

Camila knocked at the other Latina's front door. "Lauren... It's me. Look, I'm sorry. I know that I messed up. Just... Please let me fix this," No answer. Camila hypothesized that Lauren was still infuriated. "Okay listen, I know your angry. Just hear me out this time and if you're still done with me after my explanation, I'll leave. Please Lauren."

Still no answer. Camila remembered that Lauren left her phone number in her contacts yesterday morning just in case she needed anything. She got out her phone and texted Lauren.

Camila (8:32 am): Lauren. I really need to speak with you. I'm at your front door.
Camila (8:38 am): Lauren please. Don't do this.
Lauren (8:40 am): Stop wasting your time Camila.
Camila (8:40 am): Wasting my time? Laur I promise I'm not.
Camila (8:40 am): Just let me in please.
Camila (8:41 am): Hear me out, please. 
Lauren (8:45 am): Stop Camila. I'm not home.

Not home? What the hell did Lauren mean? Camila was staring at the apartment all night! She only went to the bathroom for two minutes 7 hours ago!

Camila (8:46 am): What do you mean you're not home?
Lauren (8:46 am): It means exactly what it means. I'm not home.

Camila's chest was heavy. Her mouth was dry and her heart beat so fast she felt the palpitations flow throughout her body. "Fuck. I can't ruin this... I really can't," Camila shrieked.

Camila (8:47 am): Where are you then?
Lauren (8:47 am): Pretty far away.
Camila (8:47 am): How far away Lauren?
Camila (8:48 am): Lauren?
Lauren (8:50 am): Let's just say no bus can take you there.
Camila (8:50 am): Lauren cut the shit. Where are you?

Hours passed and Camila's anxiety was tearing her apart. Her phone buzzed.

Lauren (4:29 pm): Switzerland.

Her heart dropped. Lauren left to Switzerland? How the heck did she even manage to get there? She was frozen, unable to move. It took everything in her to answer.

Camila (4:40 pm): I'm that bad huh? Fuck you for that.
Lauren (4:41 pm): It was an impulse. I was outraged Camila, oh and talking about bad, Zurich isn't that bad. I trusted you. Fuck, I've never trusted anyone as much as I trusted you! Oh and also, that'll be no problem honey.

They were both furious.

Camila (4:43 pm): We're ending just like we started; on impulse.
Lauren (4:50 pm): Stop being so cryptic Camila.
Camila (4:50 pm): I can't text you anymore. It isn't the right way.

Camila shut off her phone, packed a suitcase and took the bus to the airport.

9 hours later

Camila opened her phone when she exited the Zurich airport. She had one text message.

Lauren (4:57 pm): We're far away. It kinda is.

Hopping in a cab to a hotel, Camila responded.

Camila (1:50 am): We're closer than you think Lauren.

Drama, drama, llama. Switzerland, what a beautiful country. Did that surprise you? I hope it did! Thanks for reading! Stay tuned and prepare your tea y'all! The next chapter will change the direction of my fanfic! Keep that smile on your faces! I love you guys! Thanks for reading!