Chapter Twenty

Camila and Lauren were cuddling on their couch. "Camz, I'll go get us a little treat at the bakery. I'll be right back okay? Stay right here," Lauren said as she stood up and kissed her girlfriend.

The second Lauren left the apartment, Camila's phone buzzed. She had a new email.

------
From: Eric Watson (ewat@gmail.com)
To: Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao (bananacam@gmail.com)
Time: 10:31 am

Hello Ms. Cabello.

Me and my team here at N-Tech have been observing your work for quite some time. In all honesty, I'm a big fan. Let me introduce myself. My name is Eric Watson and I am the chief editor/writer and owner of  N-Tech.  I discovered your work through Ms. Vienna, your previous professor. She sent me your assignment on your parents with some phenomenal fantasy stories of yours. I must divulge that your assignment was something I've never read before. Honesty seeps out of your work. Your words hands its readers all the emotion it contains. I actually had to stop reading it and take a break because I was able to feel a fraction of the immense pain you has to go through as a young child and young adult. It was magic.

You might be asking yourself "but why is this man contacting me?" Well Camila, I've decided to open a new branch of my company in Thailand. I need a brilliant author to expand my company through mesmerizing storylines and characters. I strongly believe you are that person Ms. Cabello.

It'll be a two year contract. We have a house, a car, and a wealthy salary waiting for you over there. We'll also assume the cost of your plane ticket. This is a pressing issue Camila. I have a flight for you in 6 hours if you agree. Respond to my email as soon as you can, I'll give you more information if you consent.

Thank you,

Eric Watson

------

"Holy shit," Camila screamed. N-Tech was the biggest non-fiction novel firm. Their writers penned Camila's all time favourite books and childhood stories. "2 years..," Camila pondered. This was such an amazing opportunity to develop herself not only as a writer but as a human being. It was also 2 years. Camila really couldn't refuse this offer.

------
From: Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao (bananacam@gmail.com)
To: Eric Watson (ewat@gmail.com)

Thank you so much for reading my work. I'm honoured to be considered to be part of your Thailand team. I'm in.

------
Lauren came home. "Hey honey I'm home!" Lauren screamed. "Oh how I love saying that, it's so ordinary but I love it... CAMZ I HAVE BLUEBERRY CROISSANTS! I never knew those even EXISTED! C'mon! Get your pretty butt over here!"

Camila walked in the kitchen with a a sad smile. "Oh no. Did you want strawberry? Fuck. Okay babe give me 10 minutes I'll go get them," Lauren quickly offered.

"No Laur it's okay, come sit on the balcony with me," Camila nervously stated. "You're worrying me babe," Lauren said as they walked. Once they sat down on the chairs, the older woman placed her hand on Camila's knee. "What's going on Camz?"

Camila looked up at the clouds. They were white and the sky was a bright blue. The classic sky. "It's hard for me to say this but I know you'll understand it," Camila started. "Read this," she gave her phone to Lauren.

A minute after, Lauren looked up with an unidentifiable facial expression. "I'm going. I'd like you to come with me Lauren," Camila quavered.

"Cam... I-, Camila this is huge you know that?" Lauren looked around in disbelief. "I know Lauren."

"So what does this mean?" Lauren asked. "What are you saying Lauren?" Camila asked back.

"I don't know if I'm ready for such a big change. Thailand, that's a whole other world and society... I don't know if I-, if I can," Lauren mumbled. "Laur..," Camila chimed in.

"Don't me wrong Camila, this is such an amazing offer. I'm glad you took it. You should go. I'm so proud and happy for you. I just don't know if I can join you in this," Lauren sighed.

Camila nodded her head. "Thank you Lauren but... What does that mean for our relationship?"

"I love you Camz. I always will okay. No matter what happens. You need to get packing. I'll help you," Lauren sadly said as she got up and went in their bedroom.

Camila joined her. "You still didn't answer me Laur,"

"I don't think that right now is a good time to decide something like that...," Lauren sighed.

They both packed Camila's belongings into luggage and a taxi was waiting to take the younger woman to her flight.

Lauren took the cases and brought them down to the car. While the driver was piling them in the trunk, the two girls had a short amount of time to say goodbye.

Camila wrapped her arms around Lauren. She captured her girlfriend's lips and kissed her. Camila didn't know if that would be the last kiss they shared. She also didn't know if it all ended there. When the embrace ended, Camila silently got in the taxi and let Lauren close the door.

The driver started the car and just before they flew off into the distance, Lauren said something as the two women looked in each other's eyes.

"I love you Camila."

Hi everyone. This chapter put Camren's relationship in perspective. Was their love not as unconditional as they believed? Or was it strong enough? What is Lauren going to do? What is Camila going to do? Will they be happy with what the unknown future holds? I didn't proofread so sorry for any errors. Today's an important day! 7/27!! Happy 5th birthday Fifth Harmony! Thank you reading! Sending good vibes to you all!

P.S: This fanfic is almost over. Two chapters left. Don't give up hope, an arrow must be pulled back in order for it to shoot forwards.