Chapter Six

Camila visited Lauren for weeks. She always brought meals for the both of them. Camila would sadly eat all the ordered takeout each time. Today marks the 60th day after Lauren's crash, and unlike her previous status, she was no longer going to be okay.

Lauren was still in the depths of a coma. Today was like any other. Camila was sitting next to Lauren, discussing her new aesthetic accessories.

"These are banana socks. I love them. I'll describe them to you since you can't really see anything but darkness at the moment. Okay, well... They are thin short socks, with a black background. Then there are little pixel bananas scattered all around the fabric. It looks pretty cool. They keep me warm even though they are quite thin," Camila talked away.

She got up from the bed and walked to the window. The sun was rising. Camila loved sunrises. She would appreciate them just like Lauren Jauregui would. Allowing herself to get lost within the cluster of pink and purple clouds, Camila stared at the sky until the sun was finally set.

In all honesty, Camila didn't know why she kept visiting Lauren. Camila felt a pull, or a sort of need towards Lauren. Camila told Lauren some of her deepest secrets and stories no other has ever heard. She even took Lauren's seat in class. Ever since she met Lauren at the bus stop, something in her heart changed. Camila doesn't know what altered, but something definitely did. She was desperate to figure out why the woman laying on the bed in front of her was so special to her heart.

Camila needed to head out for class so she approached Lauren for the last time that day.

"Okay Lauren. I have to go again. Listen. It was all fine in the beginning but now you really have to wake up okay? I've seen your parents. I see how worried they are. You have to do it for them. For me. For you. For all of us. You may be in a really nice dream world right now, but I'd like to promise you something. If you wake up, your life in this world, with me, will be better than the one in your mind. I promise you that. I promise you that I'll make your imagination a grain of sand in the beaches of Cuba. It's great here too. Please know that. I'll see you soon, okay?" said Camila before she left.

12 HOURS LATER

"Okay everyone! The first semester is coming to a close next week. I have decided on your last assignment and I think you will all love it! I want you to write about someone in your lives. You have 7 days starting from now to complete it. It's open to creativity. You can write anything, it just has to connect with a person in your life. Now, I do not want something bogus. I want quality. I want to feel something from this. Do not give me the classic inspirational speech essay. I want something vivid. I want real. I want authenticity. I want to see you tremble as you hand your paper in. I want you to be afraid of what you've written. I want the truth. Good luck everyone. You are all dismissed," Ms. Vienna spoke out.

Camila waited until her classmates walked out before walking towards her professor.

"Hi Ms. Vienna. I um... Just want some advice from you. You always speak with such eloquence and fluidity and I thought you may be able to help me," Camila shyly asked.

"No problem Karla, I'd love to," the professor responded.

"Okay well, first of all, may you please start calling me by Camila? I feel like my second first name suits me better than the first one," Camila asked.

"Sure Camila. I like it," Ms. Vienna said.

"So... I'm in a little dilemma. I've been visiting someone every single day for weeks. I don't really know them but someone lures me back tot them every time. I'm worried about them because they aren't doing so well. I don't know what to do. My feelings are all over the place and-" was all Camila got out before being interrupted.

"Camila. Listen to me. Don't give up on Lauren," Ms. Vienna advised.

The puzzled student blushed. She in fact turned so red and warm that she swore her checks fell off and burned holes in the ground.

"Wait, how do you know I was speaking about Lauren?" Camila nervously asked her teacher.

"I don't live under a rock dear. I see you drawing Lauren during class. You don't pay very much attention to me anymore. It makes me jealous," Ms. Vienna said as they both laughed. "I remember Lauren dissecting you with her eyes. Don't worry, I think the feelings are reciprocated. Is she going to make it out?" the professor asked.

"I don't know. She's still in a coma. It's been 60 days today. It's been pretty hard," Camila said. Both women looked down and contemplated the seriousness of Lauren's state.

"My thoughts are with her Camila. I'm hoping for the best. You should too," Ms. Vienna sighed out.

"I better get going. It's Thank your for everything. Have a nice evening," Camila said before exiting the room.

Once the woman gathered all her books from her locker, she decided to walk home that night even if it was a 2 hour walk. Camila needed a distraction but nothing worked. She was always in her emotions, feeling the most out of them. Walking down her street was always the hardest thing to do. She'd always have the image of Lauren laying on the floor, disfigured and vulnerable.  Camila's feelings were on fire. She couldn't go home. Not like this. She turned around and ran the same path she walked numerous times before. Camila had two bananas in her bag, she figured that would be enough for them.

Hallo. Another update woohoo! Once again, thank you for reading. That Billboard 5H interview was something. The girls need to stop playing. We know they knew Camila Cabello was leaving months prior to her departure. Official legal documents with each girl's individual signatures and agreements were leaked. It was all planned. 5H weren't informed via Camila's representatives all of a sudden. Also, shading Camila wasn't very empowering of them. I don't know what happened behind close doors but I know shading isn't the way to go. I'm sipping my tea over here. Let me know how that interview made you feel. Is it all lies? Are they really better now without Camila? Are they genuinely happy like they claim to be? Why can't they declare that camren was real? I have so many questions for them. Anyways. Today is a beautiful day. Sending good vibes to you all!