Chapter Twelve

Camila woke up, feeling very warm. To her surprise, she was within Lauren's grasp. The two were so tangled that differentiating who's limb belonged to who was a nearly impossible challenge.

"Hey there. You're finally awake," Lauren announced. Lauren was blatantly staring at Camila. "Have you just been staring at me Lauren?" The close proximity of their faces made the young Latina's heart run laps.

"I have. Is that bad Camz?" Lauren admitted as she made direct eye contract. Camila was shocked. Lauren was so honest about it all. If it would've been her, she would've tried to cover up all the traces of her staring. Has Lauren always been so truthful?

"Uh, no I guess," Camila timidly answered. Lauren smiled and separated from Camila. Although she'd never admit it, Camila was sad about the sudden loss of the contact.

"I don't wanna kill your vibe here but... I need to ask you something. It's okay if you refuse it. I really don't want to make you feel like this is an obligation... Sorry. I'm rambling..," Lauren nervously croaked out. "My parents are coming to see me today and I have to prepare this huge meal... I can't cook very well... But since you do and I want to spend another day with you, I wanted to know if you could help me cook and meet my parents and eat with us and have fun and hear all these funny stories and-"

"I'd love to Laur," Camila stormed in. "You sure? I know you haven't gone home in a while and I don't want to steal you..," added Lauren.

"I only have a history class from 11:00 am to 1:20 pm today. I'll come to help you when I'm done okay?" responded Camila. "Thank you." Lauren smiled. They packed their things and started walking.

"Lauren, I have to stop walking here. The bus comes by this stop and drives strait to the University. I'll see you later okay?" Camila said with sadness in her voice. Lauren looked like a sad puppy. "Okay...," Lauren drawled.

Camila took Lauren in her arms for a hug that lasted for what felt like forever, not that any of the parties minded.

Lauren felt so comfortable being held by the other woman. She felt a strong sense of accomplishment for some reason. It felt like everything she ever wanted. Camila's bus arrived and ruptured the two.

"I'll see you soon okay?" Camila said goodbye. Lauren waved and emotionally dismissed her. "I miss you already," Lauren divulged to herself.

The walk home was lengthy but her thoughts kept her distracted. Did Lauren love Camila? Was it just admiration? Were the two only friends? Was is a purely platonic relationship? How did Camila feel towards her? If only Lauren had to the answers to her curiosity. Lauren was really attached to Camila. It was all very weird.

It's like if Camila was important to Lauren before she even knew.

Once Lauren got home, she picked up a Cuban cookbook and pondered over what she and Camila could cook. Lauren needed to stop kidding herself. She knew nothing about food. She'd let Camila decide. She placed the book back down and walked over to her room.

Lauren laid on her bed. It smelled like Camila. The Camila she missed so much. She took the pillow the younger Latina slept on and took it in her arms. She snuggled her face into it and felt the pillow becoming moist.

Lauren was crying. She missed Camila that much. Lauren knew she did, but not to that extent. Lauren couldn't do it. She couldn't wait. The woman grabbed a coat and waited at bus stop 98. To her advantage, this place didn't scare her anymore. Camila had helped her get over her fear. She no longer saw this place as the location of her accident, but the place who taught her to be vigilant.

Lauren got butterflies when she got on the bus and sat down. She'd surprise Camila when class finished.

1 hour later