Chapter Three

Lauren woke up to the peaceful sound of cars driving in the distance. She spread out her limbs across her bed and stretched. The woman slowly got out of her bed and onto her sleepy feet. Lauren yawned as she walked towards her balcony. "Wow. That's really something," said Lauren as she looked at the sunrise that embellished the sky. The sky was lit up by thin streaks of pink clouds. With a light blue background, the clouds looked like cotton candy.

Lauren walked back in her apartment when the sunrise ended. "Alright Lauren. Today you have to go get furniture," she told herself looking around at her empty home. Googling the nearest IKEA, she finds the location. "What a joke, it's literally 3 minutes away," Lauren giggled.

The woman tied her hair up and got dressed. Putting on black jeans, a Bowie shirt and a black leather jacket, Lauren was out of her apartment and walked down the stairs to exit the building. Once she was outside, her mind was flooded once again. "Karla lives there. Like RIGHT THERE LAUREN. RIGHT FREAKING THERE. THE LION DRAWING MYSTERIOUS AWESOME VOICED WOMAN LIVES RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU," Lauren repeated in her mind while she was staring at the structure in front of hers.

"Okay girl. Furniture. For. Your. Home," Lauren told herself to get out of the deadly trans she keeps getting submerged in. Looking at the directions on her phone for reference, she got ready to cross the road. "I need to take the street on the right, then right, then left, then I need to walk strait, then left, and finally left again. Got it," she told herself.

"There aren't ever any cars on this road," the woman told herself. Lauren didn't take the time to look at both sides of the street before crossing. As soon as she stepped on the road, she got struck by a car. Lauren got projected milliseconds into the collision. Lauren landed 30m away her bus stop. Rolling around the thick air and feeling the blood shake in her mouth, she looked at the familiar figure at the stop. It was the girl consuming Lauren's thoughts. Karla was looking at her with an expression of deep panic. The last thing Lauren saw until she lost all signs of consciousness was Karla running towards her.

Hey lil beauties. So massive event here. A lot of things are going to change. The point of view of the story will change for the next few chapters. We'll get to see who "Karla" is. It'll be interesting. Like always, thank you for reading. Take care of yourselves. Oh and ps, don't be scared to dm me. I'm high key in need of human communication.