Chapter Five

A/N: This chapter is a new perspective. We finally get to decode a teeny tiny more of this mystique woman.

Once the emotional woman got in the room, she quickly closed the door behind her. Approaching Lauren with thick tears clouding her tired vision, she collapsed to the ground.

It took all her strength to get back up and sit on the bed. Looking at Lauren, she spoke.

"Hi Lauren. I'm Camila. I was there when you got hurt yesterday. It was pretty bad. I didn't like to see it happen. No one else was there. I called an ambulance and it all just happened so quickly. I heard earlier that you'll be okay. It was such a good thing to hear. I hope you don't mind me being here. I've seen you at the bus stop and I was waiting there when it all happened too. I should go, it's 10:29 pm. Um... I might come by again okay? Bye Lauren," Camila said.

Getting up and walking to open the door, Camila gave one last glance to the vulnerable woman and went home.

That night Camila, laying alone in her bed, looked out at her window and saw Lauren's empty bed and apartment.
She fell asleep crying, wishing Lauren would've never attempted to cross the street that day.

TWO DAYS AFTER THE ACCIDENT

Camila woke up to a unbearable migraine. It was 5:00 am.

"Ugh... Today's starting great..," she mumbled to herself.

Getting out of bed was hard for her. She had difficulty opening her eyes, let alone get up and walk. When she finally let go of her procrastination, Camila got up and sat on her balcony. Mindlessly staring at Lauren's balcony, she decided she would go see Lauren. She went back in and put on a loose floral dress. Giving herself a nod of approval in the mirror, the woman was ready to go.

Camila stopped at the local breakfast cafe and got breakfast for her and Lauren in case she woke up.

"Thanks girl," Camila told the cashier.

"Big appetite?" Alice responded.

"Oh, nah. Although I would be able to eat all of this, it's to be eaten with someone else," she admitted.

"Ouu okay I see you girl... Lucky date you have there... A 5:30 am date. Interesting," Alice laughed.

"Alright A. Have a good day," Camila said leaving the cafe.

Once Camila was in room 98, she was deceived to learn she'd eat the huge breakfast by herself.

"So yeah I put water on a fire but little did I know, it was lighter fluid in a Fiji bottle. Worst thing ever. I should've smelled it first. That's how I incinerated my turkey in the oven and burned half of my parent's house when I was at the ripe age of 19. Now I know it isn't that long ago, but cooking is hard. Now it's harder to cook without telling me how horrible my soup is. Something happened last year, but that's a story for another day." Camila rambled away while stuffing her mouth next to Lauren.

"Okay. Well I'll head to school now. I'll keep you posted on what you're missing," Camila said as Lauren's parents walked in.

"Hey there! Are you Lauren's friend?" Mike asked.

"Um.. Yeah! I need to head off now. I'm Camila. Nice to meet you..?" Camila silently said.

"Mike. I'm Mike, and this is my wife and Lauren's mother Clara," he said.

"Good day to you both," Camila said as she rushed off.

"Interesting," Clara told Mike as they kept their girl company once more.

Hello peeps. It's me. Tell me what you all think! Thanks for reading! I hope you all feel great about this fanfic.