Chapter 25

Karma closed (Y/n)'s mouth gently as he stood beside her. They both stared at the thick forest. The atmosphere somehow changed. The forest was giving an eerie feeling, that made them both wonder how easy it was to get lost in there.

Karma looked at (Y/n), "You coming?"

(Y/n) took a deep breath, then nodded, "Of course~!"

They rode a bus towards some checkpoints. After they arrived at some bus stop, they didn't have any other options but to walk the rest of the way.

Once they saw an opening path through the forest, they entered. (Y/n) took light steps as they neared the forest. The trees were incredibly tall, some were dead, or burnt. They looked wet and moist, and the soil was damp. (Y/n) and Karma could even see holes on the ground outside the path. It was cold, and peaceful. But they couldn't help but feel slightly terrified. What made it scary?

Truth be told, if there weren't reports of suicides in this forest, it would be considered one of the best. It just brought out nature's beauty, and it was a good spot for camping, hiking, and so many fun stuff. It would be truly nice, if only the authorities wouldn't find over a thousand of bodies every year.

(Y/n) kept on staring up at the leaves, they were captivating to look at, but creepy at the same time. Karma was just walking casually, not really bothered by the uncomfortable and scary atmosphere.

(Y/n) walked closer to Karma, "Ne, Karma, don't you feel it?"

"Yeah I do. But I don't mind" Karma replied calmly.

"But I do!" (Y/n) whisper-yelled, "I have to calm down or else we wouldn't get to our destination! Do you even know where it is?"

Karma sighed, "Do you have to whisper?"

"Yes!" (Y/n) replied with a hushed tone.

Karma rolled his eyes and kept on walking, faster than usual. (Y/n) eventually noticed this. Afraid to be left behind, she quickened her pace too. But Karma did the same, they were almost as if participating in a walkathon.

(Y/n) knew Karma was getting faster and faster. When she knew she couldn't keep up anymore, she used her speed to catch up. And all of a sudden, she grasped his hand, holding it tightly.

This definitely caught Karma off guard. He flinched at the sudden touch, "I can't help it! It's scary in here!" (Y/n) whisper-yelled, once again.

Karma averted his gaze from her, his cheeks red and hot from blushing,"You're such a pussy"

"Bare with it! Until I could relax!" (Y/n) said as they slowly walked through.

Karma couldn't stop blushing. Well who wouldn't? The girl's temperature was warm, warm enough for Karma to be able to ignore the coldness of the place. (Y/n) was literally hugging his arm right now, and Karma actually felt comfortable despite the eerie atmosphere. He was feeling nervous now.

"Karma-kun...." (Y/n) whispered.

Karma replied with a hum, still not looking at her.

"Thanks"

Her statement made him face her, "For what?"

"For coming with me in such short notice! At first I was really nervous about this, but I'm feeling confident with you around! So thank you!" (Y/n) said with a smile.

Karma grinned too, "Such a scaredy pussy~"

(Y/n) pouted, "Just shut up you freaking hoe"