Chapter 36

The Akaifunn Business Corp., ABC for short, has long been charitable and has supported a lot of people to rise from poverty. It's a very successful company headed by a wealthy family.

Their heir, Krow, was about 8 years old when he and his family visited an old orphanage that they have been helping through the years. He stared, keen on observing as staff members handed out food and other necessities to children who had formed a line. Each eager to grab their own. While his parents were busy, and due to his impatient mind, he secretly ran off towards somewhere in the place.

"Where are you going?"

A low, and curious voice, called out to him, "The other children are heading to the main hall where the volunteers are."

"I'm looking for fun" Krow smiled, "Do you wanna play?"

The brown haired boy, about the same age as him, blinked his emerald green eyes before smiling back, "SURE! I'm Seto!"

"Krow!"

They ran around the mostly empty hallways, having the place all to themselves. They spent the entire time playing, until they heard someone sobbing in one of the rooms. As kids with curious minds, they searched for the source, and immediately found a middle-aged woman. Her face were wet with tears, she was crying.

"Ayano-ne....." Seto spoke as he reached out to soothe the girl, "What's wrong?"

"They're going to buy this place...." Ayano muttered, "And.... They'll.... They'll... They'll bring this place down, Seto. They'll replace it with another financial establishment that they can profit from....."

"I... I don't understand, Aya-"

"They'll wreck this orphanage into pieces! You're gonna lose your home.... Once again..."

The children's eyes widened, and Seto stared at Krow in confusion. He was demanding an answer, "No! That's not true! My parents would never do that...." Krow said.

Ayano gazed down at him, "I'm sorry, sweetie, but I'm afraid your parents have made up their minds..."

"No!" Krow replied, "I'll tell them to stop! After all, they give me all I want! I'll force them not to tear this place down!"

"You.... Will..?" Ayano spoke.

"I will!" Krow was desperate.

Seto looked at him, "Promise?"

The redhead with gray eyes smiled, "Cross my heart and hope to die!"

A few months later, Seto stood, eyes sorrowful and lost. His sister sobbing and his brother furiously crying at his side. He let his knees fall, as he clenched his fists. He stared at the torn down building that was once a humble orphanage that took in a lot of abandoned, lost, and abused children.

"They.... " His brother spoke, "They took everything from us..."

"Everyone else is safe but they've gone somewhere.... What are we gonna do, Seto?" His sister asked, trying to calm herself down.

"...." Seto's eyes looked dead, empty, "Let's find shelter, Shuuya, Tsubomi..."

All Seto could think about, was the promise that Krow broke.

'Cross my heart and hope to die....'

His words repeated in his head.

'Cross my heart and hope to die....'