Chapter 14

*Your p.o.v.*

Lucinda mumbled to herself in annoyance. I don't think she wanted to be here.

I shrugged my shoulders as the guy led us into a VERY fancy castle. We walked down the ruby red carpet, nearing the king on his throne.

The king had a shiny crown with emeralds, rubies and diamonds all over it. It sat on the top of his head gently, as if it has been there his whole life. He was wearing the fanciest clothes, and had a deep blue robe that trailed down his back like a cape.

"Good evening young heroes." He said, his voice deep as it bellowed into the room.

We all nodded towards him and bowed down in respect. I think we've all read enough fairy tails to understand respect.

"I've called you here today because you saved my kingdom. For awhile we've been under the torment of those beasts, and you helped. So tell me, what are your names?" He continued, nodding as we all told our names.

"Your majesty, it was our honor to help. You see, we are from a faraway land, and we wish to go home. That's why we were here in the first place, to look at the books for an answer."
I said bowing my head down, the king nodding while listening.

"Hmm.. I have a proposition..." he continued, everyone perking up. "If you manage to beat the leader of the Shadow Beasts and get past their army, then I will find a way for you to get home. There is a prophecy that ten people like you will come to this land and save us all.. now nothing has happened until now. It seems that you are those ten. I will provide you with everything you need for the journey and I will give you the sacred map to this land. There is no major time that it should be accomplished, but as soon as possible would be nice."

We all nodded in agreement, the man in armor leading us to a room full of supplies to get ready for our adventure...

Okay that's all for today, I hope you liked it. I'll probably update again soon, I'm pretty mad at myself because I keep doing short sucky chapters so yeah.

Bye!!~~~

Word Count: 385 words