Chapter 16

*Travis's p.o.v.*

We all went into the portal together, my stomach automatically feeling sick. It only lasted a few seconds until we were in the nether. A sharp pain ran through me, making me lean against the wall in agony.

"Are you okay Travis?" Nicole asked, her and the others worried. "Y-Yeah.. I'm fine. Just the portal made me sick." I lied.

I stood up, ignoring the pain the best I could. From going to the nether, my body wanted to change back into its demon form, it wanted to return to normal.

I tried my best to shake it off, but it still lingered there. "Okay so here's the plan. Since this portal is in the fortress, we need to be quiet and stealthy. We don't know what's to come so be careful." (Y/n) whispered, all of us looking at the map.

"I'll take half of the group and you take the other half, that way we cover more ground. Do you have another map Lucinda?" Aaron said, Lucinda handing him a copy.

I ended up being in a group with (Y/n), Laurance, Kawaii~Chañ, and Katelyn. We all split off into our two groups, our weapons out and ready for a battle. I fought back at more of the pain, I started to become light headed.

"We're almost to the center. That should be where the leader is." (Y/n) whispered. I continued to follow, looking behind us in case of danger, when we finally reached the center room.

As we burst through the door, my eyes were shocked to see a girl sitting in the throne, a heartless gaze looking at us all.

"Welcome to my kingdom. I see you've come here for a fight. To save the overworld I presume?" Her voice sounded innocent, but dropped with venom.

The demon inside of me fought harder to be free, to take full form but I pushed it away again. "Yes. And I'm not leaving until I win." (Y/n) said, stepping forward, the rainbow flames burning bright and hot off of her sword.

"ThEN prEpaRE TO dIE." The girls voice echoed across the hall, our other friends bursting through the door with shadow beats behind them.

More shadow beasts came from the ground in the room, practically surrounding us.

"You guys deal with the shadow beats! I'll deal with the girl!" (Y/n) yelled, running towards the queen, slashing at shadow beasts as she went.

*Your p.o.v.*

I ran as fast as I could to reach the girl, slashing at every shadow beast I could as I went. She smiled evilly at me as I neared closer, gripping onto my sword. I jumped upwards, bouncing off of every shadow beast that I stepped on, holding my sword up high, putting it into a position as I started to fall forwards onto the girl.

She only looked at me while smiling, before the blink of an eye she deflected the attack with a pure black broadsword, a loud 'clang' ringing across the room. Though everyone continued battling.

"Let's have some FUN (Y/n), shall we?" She evilly smirked before wings sprouted from her back, which she grabbed my wrist and pulled me through the roof.

She flew high up into the air before letting go of me, making me fall. I gripped onto my sword and concentrated. I fell and fell until, I felt wings sprout from my back and my body grew. I rapidly flapped my now dragon wings, and landed on top of the roof.

"You can't kill me that easily." I smirked at her, which made her grunt in frustration.

We both flew at each other, my metal claws and her sword clashed loudly in the air, the two of us in a struggle battle.

It seemed like forever until I managed to knock her down. A loud cloud of dust surrounded the area of where she landed, nothing to see. I readied myself in the air for an attack, but nothing came.

"Silly girl. You think I'm done? Not even close. This whole time we've been fighting, one of your friends has changed. In fact, he's a demon right now." She smirked at me, which made me hear most of my friends yelling down below over something.

I quickly flew away into the building, only to see the unthinkable... it was Travis...... but he was a demon....