Chapter Two|Questions

Serenity's P.O.V

He bought me. Alpha Donovan bought me. I came down from the attic with just the clothes on my back and a small bag with the red outfit in it. When I reach the front of the pack house, he was waiting for me. No words were exchanged as we walked out together. My wolf, Nadi, was yipping with excitement. I gaped at the long, black limousine that he led me to. He open the door for me and followed after I slid inside.

"Serenity?" I turned to him, but didn't look up; I was an omega, not worthy of looking up at an alpha such as him. "Look at me." My gaze slid up from his shoes, to his pants, his shirt, his neck, and then his face. Goddess, he was an absolute masterpiece. His eyes were the first thing that I saw, their deep, golden color mesmerized me. His jaw line was cut from marble and shaped by the Moon Goddess herself, his lips were parted slightly as he stared into my soul. "You're beautiful," he whispered, reaching out to me. His large had cupped my cheek while his thumb stroked my skin, sending sparks through out my body. "Mate," he said, his voice raspy with desire. "You are my Luna, my equal, and my soul mate. I want to know everything about you."

"Uhhh..."

"Here, ask me something first."

"Okay...What's your favorite color?"

"Grey," he said, his voice was lower than he had been talking almost like he was trying to seem manly. *Honey, he don't have to try* Nadi said in my mind and I knew she was right. "My turn. How long have you been at James'?"

"About four years."

"Oh."

"How old are you?"

"24. You?"

"20. Do you have any siblings?"

"A younger brother, David. What did you do for James?"

Gosh, he really wants to know the things I don't want to tell. "Just serving and dancing."

"Hm."

"Do you have any secret talents?"

"I....juggle," he whispered.

"That's sinful," I teased. I was slowly becoming more and more comfortable with him. He was definitely my Mate.

"How did you end up with James?"

I took in a deep breath. "I was stolen."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I'm free now. Do you have an item preference for juggling?"

"Well, we don't have any bowling pins just lying around at my pack, so I use swords and knives."

"Oh, wow."

"Yes, very dangerous. Don't try it." I laughed and leaned back in the seat. He was really funny! "What do you like to eat?"

"Umm. Probably Italian food."

"Italian food is good," he nodded, but I could tell he was growing more and more uncomfortable as we grew closer to his territory. He started clenching his fists and jaw, becoming quiet and stiff. We both stopped talking and I had a bad feeling about his territory. "Do not say a word, not even to me," he commanded in his Alpha Tone. I merely nodded and looked out the window at the ground as it rushed by. The nice and playful Donovan was completely gone, almost as if it was never there at all. He was two different people. A darker side was emerging from him and I didn't really like it all that much.

The car started to slow into a driveway, but I didn't have time to gawk at the giant mansion before me. Donovan got out in a flash and was walking towards the door before I got a chance to get my seat belt off. I had to run to catch up with him before he went into the house. It was buzzing with life and laughter, but once we walked in...it died. A board game was on the long, wooden coffee table and at least 15 people sat around it. A few gulped and I felt like a little mouse in a room of tigers; all eyes turning to me. "Donovan, darling!" A shrill voice cried from the top of the stairs. "Your finally home." She rushed down the stairs and into his arms, kissing him. My heart sank to the bottom of my chest watching him kiss her back like that. I was his Mate! Finding your true Mate was rare and he just...didn't care. In the way here he seemed so much more different and now...I just want to disappear. I look down at the hardwood flooring as they have a mini make out season in front of everyone. "Who is this little girl?"

"Just a toy of James' I bought," he told her, not even looking at me.

"Do you plan on playing with this toy?" She asked, a hint of jealousy in her tone.

"What's it to you?" His voice was tipping the edge of being angry and annoyed.

"Well, as Luna, I-"

"You're not Luna!" He shouted at her, pushing her away. "Get out!"

"But, baby-"

"Don't ever call me that! Get out before I banish you!" She whimpered and ran out, glaring at me the whole time. Wow, he was majorly bipolar. One second he's nice to me, asking me questions and getting to know me, then he just shuts down completely. He was shoving his to tongue down that she wolf's throat two seconds ago and then threatened to banish her! I had then began to notice the stares we were getting from everyone else that was present. "What are you all staring at?" Alpha Donovan spat. They all immediately whipped their heads around and looked at the game, none daring to continue it.

Alpha Donovan yanked on my arm as he pulled me up the stairs. In fact, his grip was so tight, I could feel a bruise already forming, but it was all worth it for the sparks of pleasure that only a Mate could give. He stopped at a small door that I thought was the guest room, but it only led to another flight of stairs and then I knew where we were going. The attic. I was used to staying in old stuffy places, but it hurt to think that he cared so little about me. Is that how all Mates are? After we climbed the stairs I looked at the door and was surprised. I expected to see an old, creaky, wooden door that was barely on the hinges, but what was before me was the total opposite. The door was a lavish wood with a pure golden frame. He takes out a golden key and unlocks the massive door, entering. I stood outside, not wanting to enter unless he told me to. I knew that James would smack me around and have a fit if I went into his room without an invitation.

"I'll clean out places in my drawers and closet for you, but we'll have to buy a few more clothing options...for now you can just borrow from-what are you doing?" I was just staring at him, running around the lavish bedroom while I was still at the threshold. First, he was open and asked me questions then he was distant and almost ready to bite everyone's head off and now he was....I don't even know! "Come here, Serenity." I meekly walked through the door and stood as far away from him as possible. "Serenity," he whispered, his eyes begging me to come closer. This man was a fickle pickle. Did I really just say that? "I can feel your thoughts racing; what is it? If it's about what I said earlier...I didn't mean it." Was he ashamed of me? "Serenity, what is it?" I just shook my head and stood awkwardly in the middle of the vast space. He had told me not to say anything.... He sighed and walked towards me, taking me in his arms before I could back away. What was with him? Tingles spread throughout my body when his hand touched my arms and his lips met the top of my head. "I don't know why I didn't just tell them who you are to me," he whispered. "I've been on my own for so long I just...I never thought I could feel like this...I don't know how to react." I nodded in understanding, resting my head on his chest. "You make me feel what I haven't felt before, Serenity, and I...I just can't handle it!" He pushed me back into the wall with tremendous force. I winced at the impact of the wall and his rejection as I dropped to the floor with a thud. He stormed out, leaving me in the giant room all alone.

Was it going to be like this all the time? He'd give an inch and then jump back a mile! I looked around the room from my place on the floor and a small part of me wished I was back at James'....