Five|Talk

Serenity's P.O.V

"I-I-I" I was speechless.

"I didn't know you were naughty, Serenity."

"B-Bebe...s-she..."

"Ah ah ah," he waged the finger that was holding my underwear. "Don't blame Beatrice for your panty choices. There are all kinds of goodies in here," he said, turning to rummage through the rest of my underwear.

"H-Hey. W-What are you doing?"

"I like theeese," he said, holding up a pair of sheer black ones.

"C-Can you please not rummage through my things?" I asked politely. He stopped abruptly and put the underwear back, turning to me. I immediately became afraid and started backing away from him.

"Don't be afraid of me," he whispered. "Please." His eyes showed hurt and vulnerablity, both emotions I thought he didn't and couldn't posses. I stopped backing away, but stayed away from him. "I didn't mean to upset you," he said, stepping towards me; I subconsciously stepped back and he grimaced. "Serenity, I know that I've been...fickle so to speak. I haven't been a very good Mate and there's a reason for that. I just-I don't want you to get hurt."

"You don't think I've been hurt by what you've already done?" I surprised myself by actually talking and without a stutter too.

"I didn't want to hurt you in any way."

"You did."

He let out a frustrated sigh and pulled at his hair. "Dammit!" He sat down on the and covered his face with his hands. It reminded me of a kindergartener that was getting bullied on the playground. I gathered my courage and walked towards him, stiffing down across from him.

"I think we both need to get used to having a Mate," I whispered. "We're both...inexperienced." He nodded and looked up at me, his eyes watering.

"You will make a perfect Luna, Serenity."

"Alpha Dono-"

"Just Donovan," he interrupted. "You are my equal. Don't use my title." I nodded and he sighed. "You should get dressed, dinner is soon."

"What should I wear?"

"Just something comfortable. I figured you wanted to take a shower."

"Thank you." He walked out, closing the door behind him, and I headed to the shower. I washed my hair and body as fast as I could, changing into leggings and a sweater as well as putting on makeup.

I walked down the stairs, trying to remember the path to the kitchen

I walked down the stairs, trying to remember the path to the kitchen. I eventually found the dining room where many people sat. As I entered, everyone stood, even Donovan, and bowed to me. It was weird quite literally going from rags to riches and these people were bowing...to me! Luckily they sat back down after a bit and Donovan called me to sit at his right. We ate and I laughed at something a few people would say. All and all, it was a pretty good night that I enjoyed. I didn't get to formally meet any of them because Donovan wanted to go to bed early and took me with him, much to my embarrassment. We were now, once again, in the same room with the door closed, staring at each other.

"That was fun," I started, nodding.

"Mhm." There was a stretch of silence between us before he spoke again. "I enjoy having you beside me, Serenity."

"Thank you."

"I would like to...have you beside me tonight." What?! "We'll just go to sleep! Nothing more, I promise." *Give him a chance* Nadi said.

"I'll have to change first," I whispered, twiddling my thumbs.

"Whatever you need." I nodded and grabbed my clothes, rushing to the bathroom. I can't believe I'm doing this. I quickly got dressed into pj's and house shoes, tying my hair in a bun.

I walked out and yawned, stretching

I walked out and yawned, stretching. Donovan sat on the right side if the bed, reading a book with the lamp light on. I took off my house shoes and climbed into bed, looking over at what he was reading. "What is it?" 

"It's about becoming a better man." 

"Oh." I didn't know men read at all. He saw my confused state and laughed. 

"You seem surprised that I read."

"I've never seen a man read before. James always said it was a waist of good time." Donovan sighed and marked his place, turning to me. 

"I don't want you to talk about that anymore...or him. That's in the past and you don't have to worry about it."

"I don't?"

"No, you don't, it's been taken care of." All the scenarios of what Donovan had done to James made me shiver. 

"Ok." 

"How was your day?"

"It was good. Bebe is really funny." 

"She is a character, isn't she?"

"Very much so," I smiled. "What did you do?" 

"Just paperwork and meeting dates. Boring stuff." He slumped down into the bed and looked up at me. 

"That does sound boring." 

He sighed and closed his eyes. "I'm going to sleep; you can stay up if you want."

"No, I'm tired too." 

"Goodnight, Serenity."

"Goodnight." He turned out the light and we settled into the covers. I felt his arm wrap around m waist and I tensed. I would have to get used to this....