Chapter Seventeen|Healing

This chapter is so cuuuuute😍

Donovan's P.O.V

I woke up and smiled down at my mate in my arms, memories from last night gracing my mind. Serenity stirred in her sleep and I tried not to laugh at the small drop of drool in the corner of her lips; she was so cute. Of course, if she knew about it she would think that I was disgusted by it, but honestly I thought it made even more adorable. This was my Mate in all her glory and cuteness. I kissed her forehead and pulled her closer to me as a goofy smile blossomed on her lips while she slept. I looked over her head to see the clock that read 10:42 a.m. Damn! I had a meeting at 11:30! I tried as quietly and quickly as possible to get out of bed, but I did so unsuccessfully. 

"Donny?" My heart fluttered at the nickname she had given me and her voice that was thick with sleep. 

"Hey, baby," I smiled, kissing her cheek. 

She yawned and rubbed her eyes, making my heart swell. "What time is it?"

"Almost 11."

"Too early," she groaned, "Come back to bed." I chuckled and shook my head. 

"I can't. I have a meeting in half an hour." She groaned even louder and put her head under her pillow. 

"Don't act like that," I whined, rubbing her back. She huffed and smacked my hand away.

"Go to your stupid meeting." 

I sighed. "This isn't over, Seri, I'm only leaving because I have to go to this meeting."

"Whatever." I shook my head and went to shower, giving her one last look as I left. She had gone back to sleep; it pained me to know that I wouldn't be there to watch over her, but I had to go to this meeting.  I opened the doors to the conference room with a scowl on my face as the pack board sat in front of me. 

"This better be good." I sat through the entire thing with the same expression on my face, thinking of what I could be doing if I wasn't in this dumba$$ meeting. 

"As you can see," Barker, the head warrior, concluded, "Extending the patrol borders would be pointless and cost way too much." He sat down and I continued to stare at where he was standing until I burst into laughter. "Is everything alright, Alpha," he asked. 

"Perfectly fine," I told him, looking at him. "What's funny is that you believe that I actually give a rat's a$$ about anything that you just said." His eyes widened and I stood, making him look like a scared, little boy. "My pack is growing and we need to expand. I'm sorry if that interferes with the f*ck time you have with your mate, but the safety of the pack is always in mind and should always be a top priority for you. You will prepare more warriors for expansion and patrol duty. I don't want to hear any complaining from you or anyone else, got it?" He nodded and I smirked. "Good. Meeting adjourned."  I left as quickly as possible to return to my mate whom I found sitting up in bed, watching the television. "Hello, love," i smiled, taking off my suit coat and kissing her forehead. 

"Hi. How was the meeting?"

"Long and boring," I sighed, laying down and putting my head on her lap. She giggled and ran her fingers through my hair, soothing me instantly.  "I would much rather lay here with you." 

"Are you comfortable in that suit? Maybe you should change and come back." I sighed and started undressing right in front of her. Her cheeks turned pink and she looked down at her hands in her lap. "What are you doing?"

"I'm getting undressed." I was now down to my underwear when I climbed back into bed, cradling her close to my chest. "What's wrong, love? You've seen me naked before." 

"Shut up," she giggled, punching my arm. I chuckled deeply and kissed her burning, blushed cheeks. "You are adorable, Seri." I turned my attention to the television, only to cringe. "What the hell?"

"What?"

"You watch this sh*t?"

"I find it rather interesting, actually."

"Yeah, it isn't like you didn't know that women are gruesome to each other. If I had a wedding I wouldn't invite three people to judge it, even though we all know mine would be the best."

She scoffed and shook her head. "Always so cocky."

"Damn right I am," I winked.

"And gross." 

I decided to have a little fun with this. "You liked it last night! What did you say? 'Harder, Donovan!', 'Faster, Donovan!', and my personal favorite, 'Oh, yes, right there, Donovan!' and let us not forget the-"

"Shut up, Donovan!" 

"Not the one I was going to say actually." Her cheeks were a crimson red as she hid under the covers to try to escape my words. "Oh, come on, Serenity. You know you loved it."

"I hate you so much."

"Do not," I said, tickling her. 

"Do too," she giggled. 

"Do not!"

"Do too!" Her head popped out from under the sheets and I immediately attached my lips to her's, kissing her fervently. When I pulled away, I rested my forehead on her's, our breathing staggered. 

"Do not," I whispered, caressing her cheek. 

"I know," she admitted. I smiled and kissed her cute, little nose. We turned our attention back to the god-awful show, but I was mainly focused on my mate and how frikkin' beautiful she was. What did I do to deserve someone like her? "Are you okay?" I was brought back to reality when she looked at me with a concerned expression. 

"Yeah, why?"

"You've been staring at me for over half an hour. The show is over now."

"Well, thank the Moon Goddess." 

She rolled her eyes. "You weren't even watching."

"I was too busy looking at my mate."

"Stalker." I pecked her lips and laid my head on her chest, listening to her perfect heart beat, but something caught me off guard. It was an echo of her heart...or perhaps, a second one.