Twenty|Ice and Fire

Short, but satisfying😉

Serenity's P.O.V

Meredith led us outside to a series of hay targets, held up by wooden posts. "Hit them," she stated.

"I don't have an arrow," I said, frowning in confusion.

"Find another way. What is your first instinct?" Ice. I let go of my thinking and insecurities of looking ridiculous and lifted my right hand, closing my eyes. Ice. I felt cool air surrounding me and I smiled; it was a comforting coolness that singed my fingertips, but just as quickly as it came...it left and I opened my eyes to see all ten of the targets frozen solid. I gasped, turning to Donovan and Meredith who seemed equally shocked. "You're strong, Serenity, let's see what else you can do. Your first element seems to be ice, so envision a shape made of ice," She said and I closed my eyes, imagining it. "Now, create it." I opened my eyes and gazed at my palm, smiling when a crystal heart appeared. Donovan's chest swelled with pride when I handed it over to him, blushing. "You're incredible!" Meredith exclaimed.

"What is your first element?" I asked her.

"Earth," she responded, growing a tiny rose in her palm in front of me.

"And Milena's?"

"Fire." Nothing could quench the thirst of fire, but water. "Here, try to envision a weapon." She touched the tips of her fingers to the dirt, slowly rising up with a spear. "Like this." I pursed my lips and nodded, closing my eyes. What did I want?  "Hurry, Serenity, you might not have this much time to decide what you want in battle." I quickly decided on a knife and made it as quickly as possible. I looked down and frowned; it was jagged.

"This looks like crap." Meredith's laugh filled my ears as she hugged me close.

"You have much to learn." I smiled up at her and I knew she would make sure I was prepared for my newfound powers.

Several Months Later...

"Come on, Seri, you're doubting yourself! Stop it!" I nodded and took position in front of Meredith again. She attacked first this time...with a huge boulder. I quickly sliced it in half with a hastily made ice sword, advancing on her with daggers. As I threw them, she would make an earth wall, preventing me from penetrating her and that's when I got the idea. I would throw my sword at her! She would be focused on the big thing that she would miss my small dagger coming from the side! I envisioned my sword again and threw it, waiting for a split second before so threw my dagger, but my hope faded as she quickly swatted them both away. "You don't think Milena will be smart?" I gulped and looked down in shame. "Why are you looking down?!" I was suddenly hot with pounds of dirt, pushing me into the earth. "Do you think she will spare you?! Do you think she will be fair?!" I could hear Donovan rush from the cottage to the training field, but what Meredith did next had me overcome not with shame or guilt, but with anger. I watched as the ground beneath Donovan's feet started slowly swallowing him like powerful quicksand. His eyes met mine and they showed utter fear. "She will murder you in an instant!" I began to try and break free from the earth, but to no avail, watching as Donovan sank deeper.

"Meredith, please," I said, almost begging her to stop.

"Don't beg! Fight!" I felt dirt slap my face and panic rose in my heart as Donovan's arms and chest were now sunk. I struggled more, calling out to my Mate.

"No! Let him go!"

"Fight!" I felt another slap as heat rose in my body. Goddess, I was burning alive! Was I reaching the plant's core? How far was she willing to go? Donovan was still sinking deeper, dirt coming up to his throat.

"N-No! Donovan!" I struggled more, trying to push myself up with my ice, but that didn't work. What could beat earth?! Fire. I took the heat I was feeling in my body and tried to transfer it to my hands, but it wouldn't go down that far! I cried out in panic, seeing Donovan sinking even more.

"I love you, Serenity," he called out to me before his head sank in to the earth.

"Nooo!" I screamed, feeling the heat rise to my eyes. I looked at Meredith and let the heat out through my eyes to her. As soon as it hit her she gasped and broke away, freeing me and my Mate. I ran to Donovan, pulling him from the dirt and holding him close as he coughed. "Donovan? Are you alright?" He nodded and looked at Meredith who was rising up, brushing some ash off her shoulder with fright and astonishment in her eyes.

"Y-You have multiple abilities...this changes everything."

Finally an update, right? So sorry about that, but this chapter was worth the wait🌸 I'm thinking about writing a book called "Once Upon A Moonlit Macaroon" so I am open to character names and plot points Comment and message me anything you would ...

I'm thinking about writing a book called "Once Upon A Moonlit Macaroon" so I am open to character names and plot points
Comment and message me anything you would like to see in that book.

Finally an update, right? So sorry about that, but this chapter was worth the wait🌸 I'm thinking about writing a book called "Once Upon A Moonlit Macaroon" so I am open to character names and plot points Comment and message me anything you would ...