Six|Date

Serenity's P.O.V

I awoke to the sun in my eyes and the faint snoring of Donovan behind me. I sighed and focused on the warm, fuzzy feeling deep within me at the touch of my mate. HIs hand was on the lower part of my thigh, his arms around me and I had never felt more safe in my life. I'm not sure how long I stayed there, relishing in his touch, but when his breathing picked up and his snoring ceased I knew he was awake.

"Good morning," he mumbled, his voice still thick with sleep. God, that was so sexy. Wait, wait, wait. what? "Are you alright?" He asked, turning me so I was facing his glorious face. His eyes were now wide with concern, but his hair was all over the place.

"Uh. Yeah."

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yes. You?"

"Best sleep I've had in years." Me too. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I guess I'm still tired."

"I'm taking a day off today to spend time with you. I know you don't trust me," I visibly gulped at the thought of being alone with him. "It's my fault, Serenity, I haven't been there for you and I've been untrustworthy, but I'm working on it." I nodded my head and got up, stretching my arms up. "While you're in the shower I'll change and go to the gym for a quick workout," he said, also getting up. I couldn't help my wandering eyes as they followed the path of his muscles. From his handsome face, chiseled jaw, down his arms and chest to his legs; the man was pure muscle! How?! As soon as my eyes met his again, his ever-present smirk appeared yet again. He made his way up the me, smooth in his movements. "I'll see you later for lunch, yeah?" He was right in front of me, his neck bent to be my height. I gulped and nodded, trying to stay away from him, but failed when he reached out and grabbed my shoulders. "What do you think about a picnic?"

"A-A picnic?" Stupid! Don't stutter!

"Yeah. Would you like that?"

I gulped yet again, daring to look at his eyes. They were filled with lust and excitement, but there was something else in them then I didn't want to dwell on at the moment. "Y-Yeah. S-Sure." He smiled and quickly pecked my cheek, leaving me in the middle of the room, flustered and confused.

12:30 p.m(Lunch Time)

I sighed and got up from my yoga session, heading to the shower. I checked the time and shrugged. Maybe he was just busy or changed his mind. My heart hurt at the possibility that he didn't want to spend time with me.I took my shower, throughly washing my hair and body then stepping out to wrap a towel around my body. I looked around and mentally slapped myself. I had forgotten my clothes on the bed in the room. I cringed and opened the door, stepping out with caution. I eyed the bed and tip toed over to the foot were they laid.

"Serenity?"

Mother of all that is holy!!!

I grimaced and turned towards Donovan who stood in the doorway with confusion and lust evident in his eyes. "Hi," I sighed, my hand on my clothing. "I took a shower and forgot my clothes on the-" I didn't get out my full explanation before he was on me, kissing up my neck and licking the remaining droplets of water from my shower. I gasped as a fire ignited in my soul; I had never felt this way in all my life. My arms went around his neck and my fingers tangled in his hair. He grunted as if in pain and licked up my jawline, kissing my cheek up to my lips, pausing. We looked in each other's eyes and I desperately wanted him to kiss me...it was then that I realized when I wrapped my arms around him my towel had fallen to the floor, leaving me exposed.

I squealed and reached for it, wrapping it around me once again. I didn't even look at him as I grabbed my clothing and raced to the bathroom, locking the door. I was still panting from our previous actions when I looked at myself in the wide mirror. My hair was tangled and my, once sunken eyes, were bright and wide. He was changing me and I had a feeling I was changing him too.

Donovan's P.O.V

Oh, f*ck me!

The feel of her body against mine was still etched in my mind. I couldn't deny the want to lay her down on the bed and make love to her for the rest of the day, but I had a picnic planned. I rushed out of the room before I did something I regretted. As soon as I went to the kitchen I grabbed the basket and pulled out a blanket for us to lay on. It was a nice day with good could cover and a slight breeze, perfect for taking Serenity out. I had Lora pick a fresh Daisy from her garden that I was going to give to her.

My hands became clammy and my breath caught in my throat as soon as I saw her walking down those stairs. Her white floral dress came just above her knees, her hair pulled back into a ponytail. She had on a big hat with white sandals and a small purse. Her make up was light and she looked so beautiful. "Serenity," I called out, smiling.

"Is this alright?" She asked, seemingly worried

"You look beautiful." She smiled and I took her hand, helping her down the rest of the stairs.

"Where are we going for the picnic?"

"You'll see." I smiled down at her and kissed her cheek. I hope I do this right