Ten|Scars

This chapter gave me the feels, honestly, and it's kinda short 😒

Donovan's P.O.V

I couldn't bare to look at her. Relaying that story brought back the pain and anger I felt, but on top of that she would think I was a monster and run from me; what kind of eight year old murders five men?! I couldn't survive that if she did, so I played it safe and looked at Little Angel's grave; she was too pure just like Serenity. I felt her touch my arm and my shoulders relaxed; why was she touching me?

"Donovan...I'm so sorry." This was it, she's leaving me. "No one should have to go through something like that."

What? "They're dead because of me, Serenity."

"No! You can't think like that."

"But it's true."

She grabbed my face, her tiny hands cupping my jawline. "You were eight years old, Donovan, there wasn't much you could do! You were so young when you were exposed to the hate of the world and no child should have to see what you did. It was not your fault and they will tell you that when you see them again."

"I'm not going to the Realm, Serenity."

"D-"

"The Realm is reserved for pure souls and I am the opposite." We didn't speak and she removed her hands from my face; I immediately felt the loss of warmth she gave me.

"What you did was self defense," she whispered, looking at the headstones, "You were a child."

"You think that was the only thing I did?" 

"I-I don't know what all you've done, but I know that you saved me."

"Because you're my Mate; if you were any other she-wolf I wouldn't give a damn! Do you know what happened to any of the others that were with James?! For all you know I murdered them all!"

"You didn't."

"How do you know?"

"I just know!" She shouted at me, her fists clenching. It was the first time she had risen her voice at me and I could feel the power in her. "Why are you so hell bent on proving you're a bad person?!"

"Because I am!"

"I don't think so!" she sighed. "Isn't my opinion the only one that matters?"

"Serenity, I may not have killed the girls, but have you ever seen James since that day?" She shook her head. "I killed him a month after you came."

"W-What?"

"I individually spoke to all the she-wolves on what he did to them and you."

"How could you do that!?"

"You think all the did was 'touch' you? Serenity, that f*cker molested you!"

"It wasn't-"

"Bullsh*t!" She flinched at my sharp tone and I tried to hold back my anger towards him. "You ask me why I'm so hell bent on proving I'm a bad person; why are you so hell bent on proving everyone is good?! You are stupid and naive if you think that everything is sunshine and rainbows all the f*cking time."

"That's why we're Mates," she whispered.

"What?"

"The Moon Goddess paired us because she knew you were a stubborn jacka$$ and she knew you would care for me, but I'm starting to think I'm not cut out for this." That was the first time she had ever cursed at me and on top of that, I had never heard her curse at all! She turned to walk away from me, but I wasn't giving up that easily. I reached out the grab her, careful of the force, tugging her back to me. I brushed a stray tear away from her cheek and felt my heart crumble. She thought she wasn't cut out to be my Mate.

"Serenity, you're a fantastic Mate, it's me with the problem. I just want you to have the best life you could possible have."

"Have you ever considered that might be with you."

"I..I.."

"Yeah. You need to stop doubting and blaming yourself for all the bad things that happen. Sometimes life doesn't go as planned and it isn't your fault; your family wouldn't want you to grieve so much. Don't you think they would want you to celebrate their life rather than grieve their death, or do you think so low of them." My initial reaction to her boldness was to be angry, but I quickly started thinking and realized that she was right. "I'm going back to the pack house to get ready for planning the Luna Ball." The Luna Ball?!

"Serenity-"

"We've accepted each other and I think I'm ready for this, are you?"

"Y-Yes." She then nodded and walked away, leaving me alone with my family. "Damn." I looked at my parents and smiled. "She can be a handful, but I know you'd love her. She would've loved to have a sister, Little Angel." I sighed and touched each of the stones, smiling. We were ready to be One-Serenity and I. I  order for there to be a Luna Ball the Alpha and his Mate have to be comfortable around each other. It is to celebrate the joining and accepting of each other. What really surprised me about her wanting a Ball was because the Alpha and Luna usually Mate that night.

I stayed a few more minutes at the cemetery before leaving for the pack house that I found bubbling with life. The town decorators, florists, and others were in and out trying to find the perfect decor. I saw Bebe walking across the hall, carrying a handful of  ivory roses. "Beatrice!" I called.

"Hey. You know, you're one lucky bastard, Donovan."

"What's going on?"

"She's preparing for the Luna Ball and she specifically ordered for you to do nothing." Literally what the hell? "So just do nothing. I have to go!" She raced off and left me to marvel at the changes that had already taken place in the Pack House. How did I get so lucky?

A/N//:

Hey loves sorry for the late update and I won't update tomorrow because it's my birthday, but I'll try soon!

As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to follow my Insta @hxpster.official 😍