Twenty Three|Different

Really short🤣Sorry, not sorry

Serenity's P.O.V

When Maria set down those plates, I dug in like a starving wolf because I literally was. It felt like I hadn't eaten all day even though I had a big breakfast not too long ago! I smiled at Maria when she came to get my clean plates with a shocked face. "I didn't think you were actually going to eat it all!"

"I was hungry," I shrugged.

"Luna, there's something different about you. Perhaps you're sick and need a doctor?"

"Because I'm hungry I need a doctor?"

"I just don't want the Alpha to be worried and if you go see the doctor he will not have my head on a platter."

I chuckled, "He would never do such a thing."

"Just go..please."

I sighed and nodded, marking my place in my book. "Alright then, if it puts you at ease." I got up and made my way out of the pack house, towards the family doctor's office. After a refreshing walk in the sun, I open the office's door and was greeted with the scent of disinfectant wipes and Lysol. 

"Luna!" I turned to see a nurse waving at me; Sarah, she was nice. "What brings you here?"

"I don't have an appointment, but I've come for a check-up..sorta."

"Oh, the appointment isn't a problem, right this way." She led me back into one of the rooms where a paper dress was waiting for me. 

"Are you sick, Luna?" She asked, flipping over a page on her clipboard. 

"Nothing serious just a change in appetite and I've thrown up a few times."

"Okay, I'll let Doctor Brown know." She bowed and left me to get undressed. I sat on the table, swinging my legs back and forth. Now that I was here and I admitted what changes I had made I did feel a little different, but it wasn't bad I don't think. I pursed my lips and mentally shook my head. I don't know what's going on. The door slid opened and Doctor Brown entered with a kind smile, her chocolate eyes reflecting loyalty and awe.  

"Luna, I see you're here for a check-up," she smiled kindly. 

"That's right." She nodded and examined me, never once showing signs of worry, so I must be alright. "You said you've experienced a change in appetite?"

"That's correct, yes." 

"Eating less?"

"More actually," I said, fidgeting with my fingers. Why was I so nervous about this?

"More?" Her eyebrows creased as she wrote. 

"Yes."

"And vomiting?"

"Only slightly," I insisted, "It isn't that often, really."

"Any stomach pain or nausea?"

"Slight nausea, but no pain." 

"Okay," she nodded, continuing to write. "Now, these symptoms, do they occur in the morning, afternoon, evening, or just randomly?" 

I thought for a moment. "All in the morning actually." 

She nodded and pursed her lips, getting up. "You can go ahead and get dressed again, but Sarah will return with a cup for you. I want you to take a pregnancy test just for precaution, to get it out of the way, so we know if that's it or not."

"A pregnancy test?" I whispered. 

"Just for precaution," she smiled placing her hand on my shoulder. "It'll be okay." I nodded and swallowed the lump in my throat as she left. That wasn't it, was it?  

Was I that different???

I did as instructed and left the clinic. One thing was for sure, until I got this al figured out, I'm not telling Donovan anything.