Eight|Parents

Hey loves! I'm sad to say that "Alpha Donovan" did not make it past the cuts for the #Wattys2017 but I will definitely try again next year. Thank you for your support and love!

One month Later...

Serenity's P.O.V

I was slowly adjusting to waking up beside Donovan every morning. To be honest, it wasn't bad and I actually enjoyed it. Some times he would wake up before me and I'd catch him gazing at me or visa versa. We would wake up together and he would work out while I was in the shower and getting dressed then, when I was done, I would go down to the kitchen to cook breakfast while he got ready. We would eat together and he'd kiss my cheek before heading to his study. My days were usually filled with reading in the library, chatting with Bebe, and getting to know other pack members. The Pack House was almost like a social hub in the afternoons for young adults, so I got know many of them there. They would all sit down in the living area and plays games just as they did when I first came. We would all eat lunch together and they would leave by around four in the afternoon. From four to five I usually just took a nap or something and by five I would have to drag Donovan out of his office for dinner. Mary-Ann was our cook who came in every single day at 12 to make lunch and dinner. She was always on time. We would eat dinner and talk, enjoying each other's company and then we would have time together in our room usually just watching a movie or me reading while he was on his computer. We never did anything really physical other than him kissing my cheek and us cuddling together. My life was simple, but I loved it.

I had gone to bed Wednesday night after a full day with Donovan by my side. We exchanged our "goodnights" with him kissing my forehead and cuddling me close. I sighed into his embrace and fell into a blissful sleep, but when I woke the next morning he was not beside me and all the windows had been covered. I placed my hand on his side that was neatly made; cold. He had been gone for a while. I got up and took a shower, chalking it up to him going to work out early this morning, but once I was ready and breakfast was made he was still not here. I ate by myself and put his portion of food in the refrigerator. Annoyance rose up in me as I made my way to his study, knocking heavily with no answer. I twisted the knob and walked into the dark room. Everything was just as he had left it last night meaning that he hadn't been here at all this morning. I grumbled to myself and sat on the couch to watch my favorite show, "Four Weddings".

By the fifth rerun I was officially bored. Where the heck was Donovan!? I stormed to the maid quarters where the one person who might know where Donovan ran off to was. I raced down the hallway and knocked on Beatrice's door. She opened it to me with a solemn look on her face. "Yes?"

"Where is Donovan and what's wrong with you?"

"He didn't tell you." It was more of a statement than a question.

"Tell me what?"

"Here," she disappeared behind the door and I heard the rip of notebook paper accompanied by scribbling. "He's there," she said as she handed me the address. She closed the door in my face and locked it. What the heck? I looked down at the address and my heart filled with worry. Was this a hotel or something? Was he cheating on me? Did he find someone else? Is he dead?!

I typed in the address on the GPS in my phone and headed off. As I walked the streets, every pack member had the same sorrowful look as Bebe did when she opened her door and they all wore dark colors. A few waved to me as I passed, but most just ignored me. Something was terribly wrong. I turned right and was greeted with a big, black gate. "You have reached your destination." I furrowed my eyebrows and opened the gate, surprised when it didn't creak. I didn't know how I was supposed to find Donovan in these rows upon rows of graves!

"Serenity." I jumped and turned around to see my Mate behind me. Where had he just come from? "What are you doing here?"

"I woke up and you weren't there..." His eyes softened at my honesty and he reached out his hand that I took.

"I suppose it is time for you to meet my parents." At the cemetery? Weird. He led me through countless rows until he stopped at the two biggest stones with the Alpha and Luna symbols on them.

Anthony Lee Marcus
1965-2001
Wonder Father, Husband, and Alpha
May the Goddess guide you to the realm beyond the Sun

Marida Anna-DavisMarcus
1968-2001
Loving Mother, Wife, and Luna
May the Goddess guide you to the realm beyond the Sun

That's when it all added up. These were his parents. "Donovan," I whispered. "I-"

"They would love you. My mother would especially love you because you're kind and beautiful; my dad would because you carry power, but you're humble. They died when I was eight in an attack. I didn't want to tell you at all, actually, it meant acknowledging that they're gone even after all this time." He took a lock of my hair and his eyes started watering. "Come. Look there." He pointed towards the right of his mother's grave where a stone cradle was and engraved on it was:

Caylee Marie Marcus
1999-2001
Our beautiful angel that barley got the chance to fly
May the Goddess guide you to the realm beyond the Sun