Chapter Three

The following Monday when Chelsea went to work, she had a hard time focusing ever since Vincent almost kissed her. She kept wondering what his lips would feel like on her own.

"Chelsea!"

"Huh," Chelsea was startled.

"Earth to Chelsea, I've just called your name three times now and you didn't answer. Are you okay?" her co-worker Jen asked while standing at the door to Chelsea's office.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she laughed nervously, "I'm just daydreaming."

Jen narrowed her eyes at Chelsea, "Well, when you're done daydreaming, do you mind helping me go over the pay stubs for everyone."

"Yeah, no problem. Let me finish this paper and I'll come over and help you."

After Chelsea finished helping Jen with the pay stubs, they decided to grab lunch together at Chipotle. When they got their food, they both sat at a table and started eating. Chelsea has known Jen since she started working for the New York Rangers as a media specialist then she was promoted to assistant manager of marketing, while Jen was the manager of the finance department.

"So Chels, what has been going on between you and Vinny?"

Chelsea swallowed nervously, "what do you mean?"

"Haven't you noticed that whenever you and Vinny are in the same room, he can't seem to take his eyes off of you. I mean, he stares at you as if you're the only person in the room."

"Really? I never noticed that" Chelsea fibbed.

"Really Chelsea?" Jen said sarcastically.

Chelsea laughed, "okay yes, I've noticed. Vincent and I have known each other for so long and we've been talking and hanging out recently. In fact, we're actually going on a date tonight."

"Really? I'm excited for you guys. I could always tell that Vincent cared about you more than a friend. The way he looks you says it all," she smiled.

"Thanks. I hope our date goes well, I'm so nervous. He told me to dress nice, but I don't know what to wear."

"I have a red dress that you can wear. You're size 13 right?"

"Do you really? and yes I'm a size 13. You know I would try to wear the other dresses that I have in my closet, but I've gained weight and I don't fit a size 9 anymore."

"Trust me, Chelsea, I completely understand, remember you're telling me a mom of two kids. During my second pregnancy two years ago, I gained 67 pounds. It was so hard to lose weight, so I know more than anyone about weight issues. Either way, you'll look beautiful in the red dress I have in mind for you so don't worry."

"Thank you, Jen, you're the best."

Following their lunch, they went back to the Rangers Arena to get back to work. When they finished working around 5:00 pm, it was time to head home. But before Chelsea left, Vincent somehow managed to catch up with her since he left his practice a few minutes earlier.

"Chels, hold up," Vincent said out of breath as he ran to catch up with her.

"Did you just run all the way from the ice rink just to catch up with me?" 

"As a matter of fact I did," he said slightly out of breath, "I just wanted to remind you about our date tonight."

Chelsea laughed, "Vincent, you've could've just texted me."

"I know, but I haven't seen you all day and I wanted to see you."

Chelsea blushed, "don't worry I didn't forget and I'll be there tonight. What time are you going to pick me up?"