Chapter Ten

Vincent was currently in L.A. attending a business meeting and he was flying back home that same night. After his business meeting, he went back to his hotel room, he had to be ready in 10 minutes so he could drive to the airport. On the way to the airport, Vincent checked both phones and saw that he had numerous missed calls from both Chelsea and Brianna. He called Chelsea immediately.

"Vincent?" Chelsea answered her phone.

"Yeah, it's me. Is everything alright? You and Brianna have been calling me crazy."

"Listen, there's a problem right now so call Brianna first and then call me after your done talking to her."

"Alright, I'll call you back then"

Then he called Brianna.

"Vincent?"

"Hey Brianna, it's me. Sorry, I missed your call, I just got out of the meeting. What's going on?"

"Did you listen to the voicemail I left you?"

"No, I didn't. What's going on?"

"Okay, I checked your email today and I saw that Chase bank sent you a fraud alert so I called the bank, and they told me that someone has been smuggling money out of the company's account," she paused, "this person has successfully stolen $11,934. The crazy thing is, I checked the company's Excel spreadsheet and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in terms of numbers. I'm baffled as to how this happened. This person clearly knows what they're doing."

 Vincent didn't respond immediately because he was in shock, "Vincent, did you hear what I said?"

"Yeah! Who would do something like this? I can't believe it," Vincent irritably said.

"I have no idea honestly. I'm just as speechless as you. For now, Chelsea requested that the account be put on hold, but you have to call them to freeze your card and do an investigation."

"It's three hours behind in L.A. right now so, they're probably not even open. Plus, I'm on my way to the airport. But I'm going to call them first thing in the morning tomorrow before I come in," he paused, "this is unacceptable and we're going to figure who's behind this I promise you."

"Okay, that's fine, I understand."

"I'm assuming Chelsea knows, so are you the only two that know about this? Does Katelyn also know?"

"I don't think so, she didn't say anything about this to me."

"Okay, I'll be arriving in New York by tonight, so I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"Alright. Have a safe flight."

"Thank you. And thanks for telling me Brianna, I appreciate it."

"No problem. Talk to you later."

"Bye."

After he hung up with Brianna, he called Chelsea and spoke to her as well. When he finished talking to her, he arrived at the airport. By the time he got through security, he made a note to call his lawyer the following day. This issue was going to be resolved as soon as possible.

*******************

The next day, Katelyn called Brianna and Vincent to let them know that she wouldn't be able to come to work because she wasn't feeling well. She lied and told them that she had food poisoning. In truth, she couldn't focus on anything except the news of her pregnancy. Katelyn cried all last night and into the morning. She didn't know how to deal with her pregnancy. Multiple thoughts ran through her head, like thoughts of abortion and adoption. How could she get pregnant? She's been on the copper IUD for the past 7 years and never got pregnant before. How would Aaron react to this news? She had to tell him, but she didn't know when she was going to tell him. A feeling of hopelessness came over her as she laid in bed. Katelyn closed her eyes and fell asleep, hoping that this was all a bad dream.