DO YOU THINK I CANT SENSE THE DIFFERENCE IN YOU?

After that grand event, they had one day leave. The next day in college, classes became regular. Still, students were busy discussing about the memories of that event. When the break bell rang, Sanjana immediately got out of the class and went towards  the bench under a tree. Rithwik follwed her. She sat there and was shocked to see Rithwik when she raised her head.

     “Whats up sanju? You don’t look normal since you returned from Hyderabad. I first thought , its because of the committee works. But, no it is not the reason. Tell me what?"  he sat beside her and asked in a soft tone.

    “No buddy, am fine. Just not well” she tried to mask herself with a fake smile.

    “Stop. Either tell me frankly if you are not interested to share with me, but please don’t give fake excuses. Do you think I can’t sense the difference in you?” he said in a worried tone.

   “Am sorry Rithwik. I dint mean to hide it from you. I was not even in a mood to speak about that. But I can’t be silent anymore. Let me tell you” she finally gave in.

   “ya tell me my dear, am always here for you.” He said as he held her hands.

And she began.

  “After saying bye to you, I went back to my seat in the train. I took my book out from my bag and began to read, holding it erect in front of my face.so I dint notice who came and sat in seats around mine. Accidentally my earphones slipped down from my lap, so I  bent to take it. Once I  took and looked up, I was shocked to see the guy who was sitting rite opposite to me. My skin turned cold with the instance of seeing him. Shock was evident in his face too. I somehow managed to divert my gaze from him and resumed to read my book. But was totally disturbed” she said and her voice began to crack a little.

   "But why? Did he look that strange or too beautifull?"

   “No. That was a well known face of my life. So my thoughts crowded towards the past days.”

     “Joel Richard” (pic in top) she said the name in a strong tone and continued.

I was in grade 10th by then. I use to go to guitar class since 9th standard. One day I was late to class. I rushed towards the big window near my place to jump inside, as me and Madhu usually do. That day, Madhu was absent to the class and a new guy was sitting in his place. I had no other go than seeking his help. I excused him and singnalled him to get my guitar and keep on my desk. He gave a strange look and did with a panickness of getting caught. Then I jumped in, sat in my place and said him a casual thanks and began to listen my class. He glanced at me every now and then and I dint bother much. Once the class got over, I came out, took my cycle and came back to home . Next class, me and Madhu went earlier and was chit chatting with our friends. Joel came. He smiled at me and I smiled back. In the following classes, we use to smile often and talk occasionally. A month after that, Madhu discontinued the class because he had cricket coachings. So, after that I was about to go to the class alone. Joel will always try to talk to me. Eventually we spoke, and even became friends. Joel is elder to me by 2 years. After somedays, we started to talk too much in the class and also caught few times with our master. We then began to come early for the class and used to chat. He never let me call him bro. “call me, joel. That sounds way better than your ‘anna’ ok” he would say and I followed the same. We became really close friends that we even began to text. Madhu use to mock me sometimes and scold me sometimes. After few months of this sudden thick bond, I became busy with my 10th board exam preparations and wasn’t able to spend time with him nor did Madhu allowed me to do. I use to miss him sometimes yet priority for my studies was more than him. He was equally gentle and never disturbed me until my exams where over. But, once my exams where over, I received a call from him the very next day.

 “Sanju, can we meet today evening?" he asked.

 "But there is no class today rite?" I said.

 “so what? I want to see you. Please” he pleaded.

     I was convinced and asked "how? And where?"

"I will wait for you in the park near our class today evening at 5pm" he said in a happy tone.

 "ok I will try " I said doubtfully.

 " you must. Please. I will be waiting for you " he said and hung up the call.

I somehow managed to go and met him at the park. He gave me a chocolate. I was  eating it happily and he was kept on talking something. Honestly, I dint hear much. But, one thing he said caught my attention,

     "Avoid spending too much time with Madhu, don’t you understand how much I miss you ?" as I heared this, I grew furious and began to shout at him.

 "Don’t take too much advantange Joel. Who are you to restrict me from talking with Madhu? Do you know who he is to me? Don’t ever talk a word about him"
      I said in a really hightone. Am always that way. I hate when someone speaks about Madhu like this to me though we fight at least twice a day. He is the same way too.

  "You are asking me who am  I ? don’t you know who am I to you?"
     Joel got up from the bench and spoke but in a soft tone. He continued. "wasn’t this love sanjana? Don’t I have the rights to restrict you? "  he spoke broken.

  "what ? love?" I was totally shocked, my eyes widened, and my hand shut my opened mouth and that was my turn to get up from that bench.     

 “No? ok now am telling you, I love you, I love you soo much and it makes me possessive when you spend too much time with Madhu.”  He made it very clear.

I was still numb and somehow came out of the shock and reacted.

 “see, you are my good friend. I have never ever thought of love at all. Not just you, I don’t have any idea to love anyone at any point. Don’t confuse yourself ” I made it clear this time.

 “So, you are rejecting my proposal?” he spoke in a disappointed tone.

 “of course I do. Sorry for hurting you. But I sware I never had such feelings for you. Sorry.”
     I said this, took my cycle and came back not even waiting for him to speak next.