LET THE CLOUDS PASS

I didn't go to the class next day. I said everything that happened to Madhu, he first scolded me and then advised me to stay away from him and I did so. I ignored his calls and texts for nearly two weeks.

        One day a text popped up from him. "am sorry for mistaking your fond as love. I wont disturb you with love hereafter. Please let us be good friends once again Sanjana. I miss you "  I read the text and got the urge to talk to him again. After thinking for a while, I replied “ok”.
   Immediately he called me and apologized me. Then we began to speak like before.

       Days passed, I was in mid of my 11thgrade by then. Joel was being too gentle and genuine that he never began that love topic ever after that. This made me fall for him and he eventually found that. He waited for me to confess it. But I didn't.

       It was a weekend, Me and Madhu were playing video games for a while and then began to surf facebook. I was looking at Joel’s profile and suddenly a thought struck me. I asked Madhu, what if we both create a fake id and play with Joel. Madhu agreed. We immediately created a fake id and added few random friends and sent request to Joel too. He accepted in another 10 minutes. I texted him
    “hi”  he replied.
    We were chatting for a while formally like strangers. He asked me if I am committed, and I said no. Then I asked him back, he said ‘yes’ as expected. I was happy. Madhu said me to ask him the name of his girl and I did. We both were shocked by his reply,
     "Her name is Uma. We are in relationship for the past 1 year" a message popped.

    I was completely broken and got up from there and went to our lawn. Madhu immediately deleted that account and came running to me.

 “Sanju, look at me… what is there in breaking now? Why are you upset? See, just let him go di, infact you must be happy that you didn't accept his proposal that day. You got to know his true colour now, rite? He has been cheating you all these day. Just ignore him completely”  he said. Little did he know, like no other day, today even his words failed to comfort me. Not even my Madhu could console me.

   I wasn’t able to take that shock. That was new to me, and I was completely broke. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I leaned on Madhu’s shoulders and began to cry. Madhu took my mobile and blocked Joel’s number. Madhu also made sure that Joel don’t meet me and trouble me. I got over that after a month. And we were already in 12th standard. As we were very playful in home, they joined me and Madhu in hostel for 12thstd. we use to come to home occasionally. I was too busy with studies to spare time to think about Joel. After that you know rite?

      Sanjana completed the story and Rithwik was sitting there with mixed emotions. Yet managed to talk.

 “Yah I know, our results, counselling, college. Ok now what sanju, he has gone. Don’t give him this much power over you. Just because you saw him accidentally, you need not feel like this. Just forget it. He was just a passing cloud ”

      Rithwik tried his best to comfort her and successfully accomplished his task. She finally smiled and he let out a sigh of relief and a smile to.

   “like a gust of wind,

    He came and went,

    Knocking me to the ground,

    Leaving my skin cold"  whispered her inner self

      The hardest part of life is regretting the past we lived with all our heart and love. Heart has the worst tendency of thinking about the feelings, we try to hide.

       Somehow she managed to come out his thoughts. By then, their exams where fast approaching and they got totally busy in collecting notes and preparing for exams.