Chapter 4: Untold Truths

(Khyairee's POV🔵)

It was Tuesday morning and a lot had taken place since yesterday. What was supposed to be a dinner of fellowship and fun turned into a one girl show, and I can't help but think that my best friend is lying to me. Johnni wasn't usually a secretive person, but I guess Riddendale changed that about her. As for Nich, me and him weren't close anyway so if  he was keeping secrets it was for the best.

     "Your coffee ma'am."

"Oh my, thank you so much I almost...I almost forgot I was here," I say to the female  Starbucks worker.

    I had decided to leave Johnni's place early and get ahead on some studying. I had my pre-med exam today and I wanted to make sure that I passed with flying colors.

"Can I have just a regular decaf coffee please?" Asked a familiar voice from the front.

I recognized the voice as my uncle Dale. I decided to act like I didn't see him. Instead of looking directly at him, I fiddled with some of my pre-Med notes until he walked right past me.

"Khya, what's up hun?" Cheered uncle Dale.

"I'm fine! How're you?" I said in a somewhat cheeky undertone.

"Oh everything's just fine. I came to get some coffee and deal with some paper work that I am filing," he said in reply.

I nodded in acknowledgement to his statement, and sipped my vanilla roast coffee. I took a look at some of his paperwork and saw that he had a lot to 'file'.

"What brings you her-," uncle Dale says as he accidentally drops some of his paperwork.

I quickly flop to my knees and begin to help pick up some of the paperwork. I manage to get all of the papers up, and make a conscious decision to look at them. At the top of one of the papers, I see some of Nich's personal information and I begin to have crazy thoughts.

"Thank you so much you were always so kind," says uncle Dale while snatching the paperwork out of my hand before I could get a good look.

I felt uncomfortable after what I had just saw. Why did my uncle Dale have Nich's paperwork? I don't recall Nich ever saying anything about taking chemistry, considering he's a mass comm major. I don't remember my uncle Dale being a bad guy though. So, I quickly push all of my bad thoughts to the back of my head.

(Johnni's POV🔴)

"I told you I would make it up to you babe,"I say while running my fingers through Zay's wavy hair.

"I know babe, and I thank you for that," he then says in reply and kisses me.

I decided that after blowing my plans off with Zay that I would take him to the bookshop. Zay always had this weird fetish for books, and somehow I just couldn't help but to also. Although Zay was a basketball player, a member of the starting line up at that, he was serious about his love for literature. I remember last year during his birthday he was gifted, 'The Book Thief' from my friend Nicholas. Nicholas also has this thing for books. So, instead of showing up to Zay's party he sent a card with money and a good book for Zay to read. I appreciated Nicholas for taking Zay under his wing as a good friend. It was important that my friends liked the person I was basically in love with.

    "Hi Misses St. Claire how're you today?" I ask once I arrive at the front desk.

    "I'm fine! Thank you for asking," Misses St. Claire says in response.