Math class

"There was no one there." Maizy argued.

"Are you arguing with my keen eye sight?" I said back.

"Emory you can barely see the tv from your couch, let alone a silhouette of a mass murderer in the dark 100 feet away."

"Shut up Maizy."

"We're going back there."

"What's with you and trying to kill me?"

"Take your seat, class!" Ms. Norbury said as we walked inside our math class. Maizy and I took our seats across the room from each other. I felt my phone vibrate.

Maizy: you're so dramatic
Me: you're so clueless
Maizy: you're also blind
Me: that's an exaggeration, and it's not like you have perfect vision either.
Maizy: actually I have 21/20
Me: if we were playing a card game I would call bs
Maizy: what if we were playing speed?
Me: I would still call bs
Maizy: then you'd lose
Me: you know whAT MAIZY
Maizy: WHAT
Me: I hate you
Maizy: You love me
Me: where are you getting these lies from?
Maizy: your heart;)
Me: you're evil
Maizy: devious actually

"Ms. Ross put your phone down and pay attention! We have a test tomorrow! What is wrong with you people?" Ms. Norbury yelled.

I turned to look at Maizy but she was just laughing because she didn't get caught. I glared at her. She stuck her tongue out at me.

"I hate you" I mouthed across the room to Maizy.

"You love me" She mouthed back at me.

"Shu-" before I could finish my mouthed respond I was interrupted by another yell.

"Emory stop interrupting students that are trying to learn here!" Ms. Norbury yelled at me once again. I glared at Maizy again and spent the rest of class pretending to pay attention while lost in thoughts.

"Since she was so kind to interrupt twice today, Emory will be passing out the homework!" Ms. Norbury announced awaking me from my thoughts as a pile of homework landed on my desk. I glanced at the difficult homework we had, that of course I didn't pay attention to the lesson about it.

"Lovely." I muttered to myself.

"What was that Ms. Ross?"

"Nothing Ms. Norbury."

Maizy and I climbed up the ladder to the abandoned tree, probably on the verge of death again. We sat on the couch and took out our homework.

"What is 10+7•92 divided by 56 with an exponent of 12 square rooted to get equal cookies in the volume of an octagon?" I asked confused.

She just stared at me for a valid 30 seconds. "What homework did you get?"

"Whatever." I frowned and threw it out the window after crumbling it up.

"Emory! Do you want an F?"

"Eh, even if Ms. Norbury doesn't show it, I'm her favorite student."

"You keep dreaming hun."

"I most certainly will." I smiled at Maizy

So who was that girl you used to like?" I smirked at Maizy, curious.

"Are we playing truth or dare? No."

"Fine truth or dare?"

"Nope doesn't work that way"

"Give me a hint. I'll find out eventually"

"Fine. She was one of my old friends. She got really pissed off at me because she knew I was keeping something from her. So one day I thought of the grandest idea. Tell her that I liked her. She slapped me. Called me a liar. And we haven't talked since that day."

"That wasn't a hint on who it was" I felt bad, so I tried to lighten the mood.

"Now it's my turn to hate you" She half slapped me and laughed.

"And it's my turn to say you love me" We both smiled trying to hold our laughter in.

This will turn into a great friendship. I'm sure of it.