Cuddles

I woke up Sunday morning slightly after 8. I turned to the side to see a golden haired girl still sound asleep. Surprising, she usually is awake pretty early. I scooted closer to her and began to close my eyes.

I felt her turn over and her arm wrapped around me. I opened my eyes and she was still asleep. Her head moved to lay on my chest. I put one arm around her too and went to sleep again.

When Maizy woke up, she obviously felt sick. Fortunately for her, I was there to help and hydrate. She felt better by 1pm.

"I'm really sorry for last night" Maizy apologized.

"You don't have to apologize for anything, you made my night 10 times more interesting." And with that she laughed and hugged me. The hug seemed to last longer than most, but it felt so nice.

I went downstairs and made some soup for us to have. When I brought it upstairs I saw her turn Orange is the New Black season 5 on and all of the lights were off. Here we go on another intense show watching session. She looked up at me and motioned to sit with her on the ginormous bean bag chair she owned. Seriously that bean bag chair could be my new bed.

I found myself staring at the glow of the tv reflecting on her complection. I think she may have noticed because she turned to look at me too. We both smiled and turned back to the tv. I laid my head down in her lap and felt her playing with my brown hair. I closed my eyes.

"Emory" I woke up to Maizy poking me.

"What?" I groaned.

"Your mom called, said to come home." She had a sad look on her face.

"Aww." I frowned with her.

"I'll walk you home."

"Wow how generous, 10 steps." I joked and she laughed along. "What time is it?"

"...12am...your mom called an hour ago, i didn't want to wake you up..."

"MAIZY!" She just stood there with a thumbs up. "This time you will  be the death of me because my mom is going to kill me."  Her thumbs up did not go away.

We ran outside and to my door.

"You take care of yourself missy." I pointed at Maizy.

"And you don't die, because I think I need to hear I'm the death of you a few more times before it's real." We both started laughing again. She hugged me and mouthed "thank you" before running home.

My mom actually didn't even yell at me. I think she was happy I finally had a close friend again.  It also helped that we lived next door to each other. I felt almost lonely tonight because there was no one there to cuddle with. It just feels so warm and comforting. I fall asleep so easily with Maizy.

I looked out my window to see Maizy looking out her own as well. She couldn't tell I was awake without any lights. She closed her blinds and probably went to sleep too.