One month

I'm not really big on the whole one month, two months, three months, etc. anniversaries. But a one month anniversary was important to Maizy. I had thought of an idea last night. It was going to be great.

Early this morning I asked to borrow my mom's car and went to the store. I managed to find Christmas lights, a picnic basket, a giant blanket, and a rose all at the same place.

It was still early in the morning so Ms. Hunched wasn't in her office at the community center. That made it so much easier to get into the forest with everything in my hands. I walked to the abandoned tree house and climbed inside. I laid out the blanket on the wooden floor and put the basket in the middle.

I hung up all the Christmas lights around the dusty wall of the tree house. It looked nice.

It was still 9am so I went to get hot chocolate and donuts for Maizy and I. The donut shop didn't have many people inside, but it was small.

"Hi, I'll take two glazed, one chocolate, and one sprinkle. Oh and two hot chocolates." I told the girl behind the counter as she grabbed the donuts.

"That will be $10.89." I gave her $11. "Alright I'll call you when I have the hot chocolates." The girl said while she handed me my donuts.

"Hi Emory!" I turned around to see Mackenzie.

"Hi." I said.

"Are you doing anything today?"

"Oh um, I'm kind of busy today actually." She looked sad. I don't think she's made any other friends at school yet.

"Oh. That's okay."

"Tomorrow?" Her face had a smile upon it again.

"Sure."

"Two hot chocolates!" The girl behind the counter called. 

Savannah was "babysitting" Maizy again while her parents were out. When I knocked Savannah answered.

"Heyyyyyy." She said, letting me inside. "Maizy is upstairs." I ran up her carpeted spiral stairs.

"Knock knock." I said to her door. The white door opened immediately and she ran into my arms and kissed me, almost making me drop the hot chocolate.

"Hi." She smiled.

"I brought you something." I held up the donut bag and her hot chocolate.

"You. Are. The. Best."  She took a hot chocolate and the bag and kissed my lips again. We jumped onto her giant bean bag chair and took a donut out of the bag after turning on the tv.

"Wow you are so sweet." Maizy said while taking a bite of one of the glazed donuts.

"I know, do you deserve me?" I joked with her.

"I don't deserve you. This is sO GOOD."

When the day faded into night I told her I had something else planned too. I led her down the stairs and once we got outside I made her close her eyes. I grabbed her hand and walked with her to the community center. Ms. Hunched saw us and came marching out.

"Blind people are not allowed in my community center!" She yelled at us.

"Okay first of all, she's not blind. Second of all, I'm pretty sure that's a hate crime so," I pushed past her,"bye Ms. Hunched."

"Keep your eyes closed!" I yelled at Maizy.

"It's hardddd."

When we reached the tree house I told her to wait there for a moment while I turned on the Christmas lights. Even though it wasn't Christmas, it looked cool okay.

"Okay, now climb up the ladder." I called to her from inside the tree house.

"Can I open my eyes for that?"

"Fine." She climbed inside and her eyes lit up. I gave her the rose I bought earlier today.

"Oh my god." She sat down on the blanket and opened the picnic basket. Maizy pulled out some bread and grapes and smiled at me. "My favorite."

The dim Christmas lights highlighted her face and made her smile glow even more. There was wind coming through the window, slightly moving her golden hair around. Her hazel eyes reflected the lights.

"You're beautiful you know."

"Is one month of dating too early to say you love someone?" Maizy asked me.

"It depends. Because I think I love you."

"Good. Because I think I love you too."