Babysitter

"My parents literally got me a babysitter." Maizy told us as we, Jane, her boyfriend, Dustin, and I, sat down on our favorite bench.

"Are you serious?" Jane asked Maizy.

"Yep. Since my parents are working so much they don't trust I won't go out while they're gone."

"This is why you don't get caught. Obviously." Jane laughed.

"Wow thanks for that advice Jane. Anyway, my parents said she's a senior here."

"You're getting babysat by someone who's only two grades ahead of you?" Jane asked.

"Don't you mean teensat?" I interjected, laughing at Maizy.

"Shut up Emory!" Maizy yelled at me. "And she's going to take us home today." She was so cute when she was angry.

"I can't wait until I get my license." I sighed.

"I don't need a ride today, I have a date. And he has a car." Dustin said to us. Damn I wish I had a date. With Maizy.

"Ooooooh."  We all said excitedly.

"Be jealous." He winked as the first bell rang and we all walked to class.

"Well she said to wait by the library parking lot."  Maizy told me. Just then we heard the sound of a red convertible car unlocking. A girl with dirty blonde hair walked over to us.

"Are you Maizy?" The girl asked her.

"Um yes."

"Hi, I'm Savannah." She pointed to her car. "Shall we?"

Maizy and I shared a "not so bad" look. We got into the backseat and Savannah turned up the radio loud enough that all the passing cars would definitely hear it.

"Hold on!" She said and turned around to smile at us. She pushed on the gas pedal and we were suddenly going at LEAST 80 mph.

"HOLY SHIT." We both screamed into the raging wind we were driving against and the screaming music. This was freaking fun. The car squeaked as we turned the corner into our neighborhood.

"TELL ME WHEN WE REACH YOUR HOUSE!" Savannah yelled back at us over the music.

"THIS ONE!" We yelled to her as we reached our houses. She braked the car fast and turned the music off.

"Do you want to come over with us?" Savannah asked me.

"But I thought I was grounded." Maizy said.

"From going out right? Not from her coming over." She smirked at me.

"Loopholes. I like you Savannah." We all jumped out of the car and went inside. We jumped on Maizy's bed and Savannah went on the giant bean bag chair and turned on the tv.

"So what was so bad that you did that your parents hired me?" Savannah asked Maizy.

"I snuck out in the middle of the night. Luckily, my parents don't know an uber took Emory and I across town." I saw Maizy smirk.

"Ooh scandalous."

"I had to sneak out her window so they didn't know I was there too." I said to Savannah smiling.

"So how long have you two been together?" Savannah asked us.

"What do you mean?" Maizy asked super confused.

"Oh come on, I have an excellent gaydar, and it is blowing up right now." Savannah responded.

"Oh um no we're not together. I don't think of her that way. Ew." Maizy told us. I put my head down so they wouldn't see the disappointment on my face. 

Okay maybe she's lying. Maybe she's denying? Maybe she doesn't know it yet? Or maybe she just doesn't like you. Have I been reading this all wrong? I guess everything we've done have just been normal friend things. Great. I'm blind. She probably doesn't like me.

"I'm going to go make some popcorn." I said and I got up and walked out. I walked downstairs and just sat on the first step. I heard footsteps running behind me and turned around. It was Savannah.

"How long have you liked her?" She whispered to me.

"How do you know?" I looked at her confused.

"My gaydar,remember?" She pointed to her head.

"Well it doesn't matter anyway. I doubt she likes me. You heard what she said."

"Well I don't care what she said. I am going to help you. By the end of this year, Maizy will be yours. Trust me." She smirked and shook my hand.