Maybe i do

Maizy and I were sitting in the abandoned tree house. The wind had our hair going crazy and we were laughing at some joke I had forgotten while lost in her eyes. She cupped my cheek and leaned into me. I leaned in further. Our lips were so close.

I jumped up from my bed and opened my eyes.

"Oh shit," I said out loud,"I do have a crush on Maizy."

I took my pillow and smashed my head into it. But I just couldn't stop SMILING? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Okay Emory just calm your shit. She's your friend. Even if you did like her she probably likes you back. Nope she couldn't. Geezus! Stop arguing with yourself oh my lord. I smiled agAIN. Wait no, maybe it's because Dustin just had you thinking about that? Then why are you smiling Emory?

I grabbed my phone and looked up one of those "do you like them quiz"

I probably ended taking about 20 quizzes. Most of them said "yes you definitely like her" so fuck. Mostly because it's 4:30 am and there's no way I'm going back to sleep.

I looked out my window and saw Maizy fell asleep with her lights on and a book on her lap. She looked so peaceful and pretty. Wait what am I saying. I started texting Dustin.

Me: okay I know you're probably asleep, but when you wake up can we talk?

Dustin: I'm awake

Me: wait why are you awake

Dustin: I was texting my boyfriend.

Me: wait when did you get a boyfriend ??

Dustin: yesterday

Me: why didn't you tell- okay never mind tell me about him later, I must tell you something

Dustin: is this about what I think it's about;))))

Me:...maybe

Dustin: HAVE YOU ADMITTED IT TO YOURSELF

Me: not yet

Dustin: okay you're at the first step, now stop denying it. Say it. SAY IT

Me: I

Me: might

Me: possibly

Me: like

Me: MAYBE

Me: Maizy

Me: maybe

Dustin: you need to admit it !!

Me: I just did

Dustin: Emory I swear.

Me: okay I'm not sure! I'm just confused so I need your help.

Dustin: alright Emory listen to me. I know you don't really care about people finding out if you were a lesbian or bi or anything. So that's not why. This is just a thing people do. But if you've seen the way you look at her, you'd know. Do you love being around her? Feeling her touch?

Me: okay maybe

Dustin: when was the first time you started thinking about her differently?

Me: I don't know, we kind of opened up to each other and we became closer. But I think the first time I thought about her was when we went to this midnight movie premiere. I couldn't stop staring at her and she looked so perfect. It felt so comforting to hold her hand.

Dustin: there you go. Did you have butterflies or a weird feeling in your stomach? Accelerated heart rate?

Me: ...yes

Dustin: you see now?

Me: I guess. How do I find out if she likes me?

Dustin: everything and anything possible. You know those movies when the girl rejects the guy so the guy just keeps going after her, doing everything possible to show her he loves her? Yeah well don't do that but do something similar. Like do everything to be around her and watch the feelings and tensions you have around each other. Look at the way she looks at you or pays attention to you. Throw a rock at her window and give her a rose when she feels sad. SEE HER REACTION.

Me: how long have you been thinking about this?

Dustin: not that long

Me: mhm ok then. Thanks Dustin, you somehow made me feel better... TELL ME ABOUT YOUR BOYFRIEND

Dustin: well his name's Alex,

Well I guess I like Maizy. And for some reason I just can't stop smiling. I've never been in a relationship before. Only one person has ever even liked me. And that did not turn out good. At all. Kind of the reason I moved actually...

But I don't want to think about the insanity of some people because all that I want to think about is Maizy. I looked up at her window to find her bed empty. She must be awake. I texted her.

Me: Maizy?

Maizy: why are you awake

Me: why are you awake

Maizy: I fell asleep with the lights on

Me: I saw

Maizy: were you staring at my window

Me: indeed ;)

Maizy: I should close my shades more often

Me: probably

Maizy: I can't sleep

Me: me neither

Maizy: want to FaceTime ?

Me: indeed I do